Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User Banks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: User Banks Reply with quote

I'm thinking this is a common question but just want to be sure I'm not missing something.

Like a lot of us I have added third party programs/combis to the Kronos. The problem is every time I purchase one of these sets it ends up taking up an entire User Bank.

I've run out of empty banks. I realize I can move the programs I really care about and delete a bunch of the purchased product. Along with that I realize that I will have to reset my combos to point to the new location.

The question is: I'm not even close to the capacity of the SSD so is there any way to add additional User Banks to accommodate new sounds?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: User Banks Reply with quote

Carbo wrote:

The question is: I'm not even close to the capacity of the SSD so is there any way to add additional User Banks to accommodate new sounds?

additional Program User banks has been requested as part of an OS update for the past several years. I doubt Korg will take the step, at this point.

I think you can get at some User apps to help the bank mgmt process. Folks that use the app will explain.
Carbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Greg. Yeah, if anyone would share an app that I might use to juggle all these programs I would be grateful.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great freeware for this are the Kronos Editor 3, TinyKronos and PCG Tools. There is also Onksor to manage the set lists. I use them often on my PC. For easy and quick file transfers, you can also set up your Kronos to work in FTP .
Carbo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went to download the Kronos Editor 3 program, but it looks like it is not compatible with my Mac.....true?
Poseidon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbo wrote:
went to download the Kronos Editor 3 program, but it looks like it is not compatible with my Mac.....true?

True, and the reason is Kronos Editor 3 is old ( built with obsolete Carbon API) and 32-bit.

As early as 2012, with the release of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, most Carbon APIs were considered deprecated.
In June 2018 when macOS Mojave was announced, Apple warned developers that it would be the last version of macOS that would support 32-bit apps.
In September 2019, when macOS Catalina comes out ( Beta installs already distributed), 32-bit apps will stop working.

To determine which Application on your Mac are 32-bit, use free utility 32-bitCheck ( https://eclecticlight.co/32-bitcheck-archichect/ )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: