Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Thoughts on Event Recorder for the Electribes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ortaxcreations

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello There

Just my add to this conversation.
First of all sorry for my english, I'm french ^^

Someone said "Then there is Pattern B. It has 16 different parts than Pattern A. Now, I want to play Pattern B on top of the event recording data I previously recorded. If the event recorder records midi data, that would mean that the electribe has to render the midi notes into sounds from two different patterns, with 32 different parts. I dont know, but I strongly doubt that this is possible."

Well. I've recorded a song with this even recorder. It is just recording all know and actions movements (mute, volume, pitch, fx, even oscillator modifications, etc) of a specific pattern.
You can play the even record while beeing in the current pattern or any other pattern BUT even if you are in a another pattern, if you start tweeking knobs (pitch, mute, volume, fx) this will "play" the sound of the original pattern from which the event record has been made and NOT the current pattern.

An interesting point is : if i play the pattern as usual and that i push simultaneously 8 pads of a synth, many of the played sounds will stop playing
if i play the even record "song", and that i push the same 8 pads of the same synth, all the other played sounds are playing without any interruption ... like if the limit of poly/paraphony was distinct... STRANGE!

One "cool" thing would have been to export this even record like a pattern set for ableton live and WITH midi Wink
danyill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't it say right in the manual under "Using the Event Recorder"

"TIP During playback, other operations are not allowed." ??

I don't see how the device could still allow for live playback operation during event record playback
russellclarke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An event recording is very similar to a MIDI file. It is a list of delta timed note and control events, preceded by the pattern data. All notes, control changes and some menu changes are recorded.

When playing back an event recording, the sequence data of the pattern file is ignored and the event recording plays the patches. Interacting with the controls will override the event recording data, the same as when playing a pattern.

The pattern data stored in the event recording can be replaced, allowing the performance to be replayed with a different set of patches.

More information on event recording file format:
https://pastebin.com/EFdkK2eq
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: