Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer mode song writing - HELP with step recording

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mospain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Sequencer mode song writing - HELP with step recording Reply with quote

Hi all.

Sequencer song mode - step recording - please help.

Bought the 73 three days ago mainly to use its sequencer mode for song writing from scratch...basically STEP RECORDING in three parts with nothing such as drumtrack preloaded:

All i need is:

into, verse, b part
3 tracks:
STEP 1
intro: T1: drums intro - T2: chord intro - T3: bass intro
STEP 2
verse: T1: drums verse - T2: chord verse - T3: bass verse
STEP 3
b part: T1: drums b part - T2: chord b part - T3: bass b part

Then copy and joint the three a couple of time and save these setting as song + save as song user template.

It seems impossible to find clear and simple guidelines in the Sequencer chapter in the User Manual that i have printed out AND READ.

Official Krome Youtube videos same thing - all kinds of fancy "trumtrack" modes and other modes but nothing about how to STEP RECORD FROM SCRATCH.

Good tutorials on this subject anyone?

Would anyone be able to walk me through the simple steps over skype?

Or create and upload the tutorial (which possibly will be appreciated by many)...

Thanks in advance - I WILL OBVIOUSLY PAY YOU for the hours spent.

Greetings from Spain
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola!

I purchased one myself last week for pretty much the same reason, and it should be delivered soon.

I'll be happy to work it out and provide you with as much guidance as I can. So far, based on the documentation, most of the instructions are in the Parameter Guide. The meat of it is on page 167 and further.

Perhaps we can collaboratively create a HOWTO for composers?

My intention is to use mine as a master keyboard for both its own synthesis capabilities as well as some desktop synths I have.

Are you using yours standalone, or as a master keyboard?
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I've done some poking around, and here is the best way that I have found of approximating what you are suggesting.

First, some general observations:

• You don't need to create these parts as independent songs, it works fine to use one song in the sequencer
  • The approach I suggest works just as well whether you prefer to use piano roll entry, step recording or live recording
  • Once you've create the song to your satisfaction, saving it as a template is very straightforward, almost an afterthought

Without further ado, here's the way I would tackle the problem:

• Turn on your Krome
  • Hit the Sequencer button so that you can program your song
  • You should now have a clear song with which you can work so feel free to change the song's name or whatever else you like (these functions are in the drop-down menu at the top right of the touchscreen)
  • Touch each of the tracks' instrument entries to make a selection of a different instrument from the standard Krome Grand Piano. This should open the list of instruments so that you can do what you want.
  • Touch the bottom tab that reads Preferences, so that you can set up your recording preferences. Typically, you'll start with Overwrite, some level of quantisation, and so on.
  • Hit record to set up recording - you should hear the metronome. Hit play, and your metronome should give you a two bar lead-in, and play!
  • Hit stop. Use the locate button to get back to where you were, and use the touch screen to change to a different track. Record that track the same way you did the first track.
  • Repeat for every other track you'd like.
  • This gives you your intro section.
  • Use the touchscreen, on the green measure counter in the top left-hand corner to move forward, past the intro you just recorded, to record the verse. Same again for each track, until you have the verse section recorded.
  • Same again, record the B section.
  • OK, now you have Intro, Verse, and B section. Now you want to repeat those. Hit the Page button, and select Track Edit. On the Track Edit page, choose the Track View tab.
  • Use the Start and End markers to select chunks of your music (all on the touch screen).
  • Use the drop-down menu on the touch screen and select Copy Measure, and then use the menu it gives you (check the All Tracks button unless you have a special plan to change it up)

Tadaa! You now have your Intro, Verse, Section B, copied as many times as you like, all in one song.

Let me know if this helps you get off the ground.
darkarmy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: NO Reply with quote

It didn't help me at all. I realize this is an old thread. I was a master on my Korg Triton Classic before it broke down. I bought the Krome with high hopes of composing songs of my own from scratch.

This keyboard is not user friendly and I wish I could get some help somewhere.

Please Help.

Question
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm not very clear on where the problem lies for you.

The Krome is the single board with which I'm familiar that affords you the most ways of entering notes; event editing, pianoroll, recording MIDI from play, recording externally sequenced note data, touchscreen pointing or numberpad entry.

So where is this breaking down for you?
darkarmy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Krome Step Recording Help Reply with quote

One problem I am having is when I enter a beat to start at measure 1 and end at measure 2, the beat just keeps looping. For instance if I have 2 measures there will be a 4 count with a high hat on measure 1 to let me know when to start playing the guitar, and a short tom roll on measure 2, before the main beat kicks in on measure 3.

I enter (on track 1, drums) for the measures to start on 1 and end on measure 2. The high hat should go for 2 measures and stop. I should then be able to then go back and enter the tom roll ( along with the pre-recorded high hat which I previously recorded in measures 1 and 2) and the combined measures of 1 and 2 should then stop.

In a nutshell, when I type start at measure 1 and end at measure 2, whatever I record in those measures should start at measure 1 and end at measure 2 and not continue looping. It should stop at the end of measure 2 and not loop.

Please help.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you doing this entry? If I enter a couple of measures in the pianoroll, there's no looping unless I explicitly tell playback to loop.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The STEP recording not help you too much. Step recording is useful for a part, very technical and very hard to play by hands.
I think you must learn how to use a pattern and how to build a song.

First Select the Drum sounds on track 1
For more accuracy select the resolution from Hi to 16, triplet or other subdivision for your song signature.
Open page P10 and start to record a patterns:
By default will find the USER 00.
Open Pattern Parameter from menu bar and choose the number of measures (Length) and time signature.
Press Rec button and start to rec your HH. During records will have the metronome but for play the metronome will be stopped. The patterns will be loop on the number of measure that you selected.
If the pattern is ok, open menu bar and put the pattern in a song.
Go to main page and select the bass sounds for track 2.
On the main page have the Preference sub page.
here will may loop the songs from measures xxx to measure xxx Then record in Loop mod. Loop All Tracks not will record all tracks, just the track that you selected from main page.
If some notes is wrong during the rec, select the Remove Data and keep the wrong key pressed. The notes will be erase. Unselect the Remove Data then record the notes again.
In the Preferences page will can choose more record options: Overwrite (erase old data,rec new data), Over dub (layer recording), Manual punch in( rec at manual start) Auto Punch In ( Automatic start rec at measure xxx), Loop All Tracks (as overdub can layer the notes in loop from measure xxx to measure xxx)

Is more to talk about how to make a song in seq mod. so please don't hesitate to ask or contact me if you need. contact@danstesco.ro
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the step recorder allow you to put in individual notes, like a quarter note, half, etc. if you want to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: