Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd class support for midrange, OS-update less importantly?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: 2nd class support for midrange, OS-update less importantly? Reply with quote

Hello,

it is OK that Korg takes care supporting the Pa4x, but it is annoyingly to feel the missing efforts also to remove shortcomings of midrange-products, existing and well known since after Pa1000 becomes available in europe.
I hope that topical series (Pa1000/700 .. ) already are not discontinued (thread "wishlist for future Pa-models" allows to fear this) and therefore maybe there is no interest in supporting!
Urgent problem to be solved with OS-update for me is:
Function "StyleToKbdSet" explicit made for "Letting Styles choose the Keyboard Sounds" is faulty with sb-entry-typ style.

With a running style a bumpy interruption of realtime-tracks is caused with each selection of an sb-entry, whereas if "StyleToKbdSet" indicator is OFF no interruption should occur.

This each time can be re-created on demand.

Also it is slightly explicable: selections of sb-entry switch to "KbdSet#1", with this all realtime-tracks with its notes, sounds and its settings of effects are interrupted and re-initialized. How one can easily understand, this horrible to get such bumpy interruptions with a running style.
To deliberate "StyleToKbdSet" with entry-type linked with songs is ok (starting each song with its customised KbdSet#1), for entry-type linked with running styles it is useless with indicator OFF.
My objection once more is reminded and brought forward to manufacturer Korg - I hope it will help to be encouraged by Korg's support and product manager.

For me it is a DECISIVE ARGUMENT TO PURCHASE a Pa1000: playing a running style with songbook should be free of bumpy interruptions of realtime-sounds in case of selecting sb-entries with setting "StyleToKbdSet"=OFF - if not, sb is useless in this case.

If this is not to be mastered by Korg in near future, I really think users of midrange-products are a second-class unjustified to get appropriate support so long after.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
B.Safe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful, you'll end up making yourself sick...
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd class support for midrange, OS-update less importan Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Hello,

it is OK that Korg takes care supporting the Pa4x, but it is annoyingly to feel the missing efforts also to remove shortcomings of midrange-products, existing and well known since after Pa1000 becomes available in europe.
I hope that topical series (Pa1000/700 .. ) already are not discontinued (thread "wishlist for future Pa-models" allows to fear this) and therefore maybe there is no interest in supporting!

Good grief for once I actually agree with you.

Then the StyToKbSt came up yet again and I fell asleep for 10 minutes.

Good luck getting your problem resolved.

Last edited by Biggles on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With a running style a bumpy interruption of realtime-tracks is caused with each selection of an sb-entry, whereas if "StyleToKbdSet" indicator is OFF no interruption should occur.

So you are wishing for smooth-songbook-transition, smooth-style-transiition and smooth-sound-transition.
SONGBOOK is designed for registering songs - i.e. the way you want to have your keyboard setup BEFORE you start the song so what you are asking for is never going to work in SONGBOOK. SONGBOOK loads a whole lot more than a style.

Korg's Documentation wrote:

STYLE to KEYBOARD SET
Off
Styles do not select a Keyboard Set.
On
When choosing a Style, Keyboard Set 1 is automatically selected.
Blinking
Choosing a Variation automatically recalls the corresponding
Keyboard Set (1 – 4) inside the Style.
For example, choose Variation 2,
and Keyboard Set 2 will be automatically recalled; choose Variation 3,
and Keyboard Set 3 will be automatically recalled.

(Selecting a Keyboard-set is almost SST except for FX - it isn't bad considering the keyboard is NOT "SST-designed" like the Kronos.)

There is nothing to "fix" and I sincerely hope your wish is realised (but as an option)
Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
B.Safe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
There is nothing to "fix" and I sincerely hope your wish is realised (but as an option)
Very Happy

+1
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: 2nd class support for midrange, OS-update less importantly? Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
..So you are wishing for smooth-songbook-transition, smooth-style-transiition and smooth-sound-transition. ... Selecting a Keyboard-set is almost SST except for FX - it isn't bad considering the keyboard is NOT "SST-designed" like the Kronos.

It is not "smooth transition" as you mean compared with SST-designed like the Kronos, but "freely of interruption in realtime-tracks" as we had in previous series (Pa3x/800/500).

Also with them we already had "Letting Styles choose the Keyboard Sounds" with songbook and entries linked with style, but with well working function SingleTouch you get no bumpy interruptions in a running style with selection of sb-entry, because did not select STS#1 with indicator OFF.

With Pa1000 "Letting Styles choose the Keyboard Sounds" with sb-entries linked with styles if you select sb-entries you get bumpy interruptions of realtime-tracks sound, caused by automatically loading KbdSet#1. This is faulty in case StyleToKbdSet indicator is OFF, because means do not select a Keyboard Set - not only in stylemode but also using sb-entries linked with styles.

karmathanever wrote:
.. SONGBOOK is designed for registering songs - i.e. the way you want to have your keyboard setup BEFORE you start the song so what you are asking for is never going to work in SONGBOOK. SONGBOOK loads a whole lot more than a style. ..

Songbook per definition is a database allowing for fast song retrieving based on name, artist, genre or tempo. So Styles and Songs are easily recallable by the SongBook.

But believe, it is not designed to make bumpy interruptions with sb-entry-selection with a running style (is not BEFORE you start), while StyleToKbdSet indicator is OFF.

Indicator also with sb-entries linked with styles means - as you mentioned - not to select a KbdSet. With running styles there is no need to have a setup before you start, because sb-selection is made with running styles without deliberated stop / start / interruptions for initializing KbdSets. Functions StyleToKbdSet and StyleToKbdSetMode explicit are made for this.

For sb-entries linked with sounds it is OK also to select KbdSet#1 with indicator OFF, because songs cannot be changed in the middle of the song without to be stopped. But with sb-entry-typ styles songbook is used with running style to select another style with "Next Measure" or "Immediate" and without stopping. That explicit is designed to be used also with sb-entries, to program how the "STYLE TO KBD SET" button works automatically selecting a new KbdSet until first beat of next measure is reached or selecting immediately. StyleToKbdSet indicator OFF - as mentioned above - should not select a KbdSet with Styles.

Unfortunately it simply was forgotten and was overlooked to prevent automatically choice of KbdSet#1 for entries linked with styles. As sensibly for entries linked with songs - for entries linked with styles only make sense if correct working with meanings of StyleToKbdSet OFF, ON and BLINKING - but not to automatically switching to KbdSet#1 if OFF!

It really never was a choice of product design to generate bumpy interruptions with realtime-tracks in case of an sb-entry-selection. That shortcoming was no choice intended. Now it is well known and is encouraged by Korg's support and product manager to be updated.

karmathanever wrote:
..There is nothing to "fix" and I sincerely hope your wish is realised (but as an option) ... ..

It already is an option to be fixed per definition (StyleToKbdSet OFF with sb-entry-typ style) and hope it would be before Pa1000 is discontinued, else supposition is not unjustified "2nd class support for midrange-products".

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm - OK - I guess you know what you mean - I wish you luck with your wishes for future OS features.
Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject: 2nd class support for midrange, OS-update less importantly? Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hmmmmm - OK - I guess you know what you mean - I wish you luck with your wishes for future OS features.
Very Happy

Thank you - hope that would help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: