Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading 3rd party sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LNovik

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Loading 3rd party sounds Reply with quote

I recently bought some 3rd party sounds (Kid Nepro) for my Triton. I was able to find some old floppy disks to save all of my current sounds. However, I then had a problem transferring the new sounds from my computer to the Triton. I figured I would do this as a system exclusive transfer, but I seem to have problems doing this. I do have a MIDIman 4x4, so there are already a bunch of MIDI cables hooked up. Of course, my computer does NOT have a floppy disk drive; that would be easy. I have been trying to use the program MIDI-ox, but that does not seem to be working.
Any ideas? I should add that the Kid Nepro site IS helping, though not yet enough for me to succeed. I think they, understandably, had to stop because if was after 5 on a Saturday. Thus, I thought that if anyone has an easy way to do this, I might try it over the weekend. I do have a pc with Windows 10 and Cakewalk software.
Thanks
LNovik

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject: Loading 3rd party sounds Reply with quote

I should now add, 2 days later, that I still can't get in. I wonder if there is something on the Triton which is not permitting Sysex messages to enter. I HAVE gone to the global/MIDI screens, and have CHECKED all of the items on the bottom (labeled something like DATA filters), including "allow system exclusive" data. I have NOT gone to the pull down menu for data dump, since I believe I should only hit that when I want to transfer files FROM my Korg. Is there some other switch somewhere--such as on the back of the instrument, which I cannot get to right now---that would prevent me from receiving this system exclusive message. I have chosen MIDI channel 1--and have, of course, set the Triton to channel 1. I have even removed all the other cables from my MIDIman interface, but that also didn't work.
Kid Nepro seems to think there is something in my Triton which is preventing me from entering these changes.
I'm even thinking that perhaps the MIDIman interface doesn't allow system exclusive messages. Perhaps I should just get a cable that has a USB plug on 1 side and a MIDI plug on the other?
ANy ideas?
LNovik
LNovik

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I'm incorrect, but I thought these forums had a moderator, like Clark Kent, who would step in and answers questions when no one else could. Is that no longer accurate? Are we on our own in this sea of data? Should I be going to an other place, such as a Korg site?
LNovik
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Provide your floppy drive still works in your triton you can get a USB floppy drive (outboard) for about $20-25 dollars. I did that because my Mack has no floppy drive either.

Floppy disks still available on line as well.

All factory disks are available at this forums download section as well as a ton of user sounds

To organize everything look for a librarian program such as LeLibby or pcgtools.

Bb

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an aside... this is not tech support. This question has been asked and answered MANY times. So if you didn't also search for topics similar to yours you're missing the unseen part of the iceberg where answers about your triton are concerned. BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: