Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3X to PA4X Styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ciftelimalesi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject: PA3X to PA4X Styles Reply with quote

Was wondering before I make any moves, would a transfer of .set files from PA3X to PA4X be compatible, or would that corrupt anything?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving from PA3X to PA4X is not too bad but the PA4X OS is different and so there are things you will most likely need to do and certainly things to learn.
When I moved from mine, I initially used my "final" PA3X SET as a DIRECT access SET on the PA4X - much of my band styles etc all played fine - then I took my time and gradually did the tidying.

Styles will be fine, SOUNDs may need some work.

PA4X OS is designed around the use of SONGBOOK so if you've been using lots of PA3X PERFORMANCES as registrations, you will need to make some adjustments.

On the whole, I find the new OS far more intuitive and logical - PA3X is awesome but did give me too many "ways to skin a cat" (as they say).

Get your new PA4X, fall in love with it (that takes about 4 minutes) and then build your data from the PA3X - if you can hold on to your PA3X for a short while (i.e. have 2 keyboards) then life will be easier.

We are here to help.....

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: