Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NARF sounds delete

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davie159

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: NARF sounds delete Reply with quote

Hi one and all. I could do with some help here. I’m a very new Kronos user hence the question.

I downloaded and ‘installed’ a gig pack from NARF, however I’ve made a complete mess of it. I’ve got parts of the download but I’m convinced I’ve missed loads. The fault lies with me, not with NARF.

I’m a bit more knowledgeable about what’s needed now relative to the download. I think.

My question is, can I delete the contents of the download and leave my K2 as per version 3.1.3 obviously with my own combi’s and set lists etc. I’ve considered a factory reset and start again but that would be my last option. If anyone can give me some advice, I’d be very grateful.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did not set up any KSC autoload for the Narf sounds gig pack, it should be as simple as reloading your previous PCG save file.
The PCG file should overwrite everything with its contents, even putting empty banks in place of any banks filled by the new stuff.

It is easy assuming you keep up to the minute on your PCG saves.... ?

Maybe what you are missing from the download and installation, is the parts that need to be loaded?
So rather than trying to delete and try again, you would simply load the new KSC file related to the new installation. Load or set up auto load for it in Global mode.
Assuming the sound pack comes with its own KSC files and not using only Kronos factory KSC files.
I don’t know what Narf sound packs, so i have no idea of it includes its own KSC files.
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Davie, this is all in the troubleshooting section of of the PDF and also the videos I sent. I reckon you’ve selected the garbage file that’s produced by the Mac in the Autoload. At this point all you have to do is remove the garbage files from your HD and make sure the the SGC folder along with the .KSC and UserBank.KSC are all together in your HD. Once it’s definitely in the HD, in the KSC Autoload page in Global, Add KSC and select the correct UserBank.KSC file and Autoload now. Just private message me screen shots of your Disk Mode and Autoload KSC Page and I’ll walk you through it.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
Stoffel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both thumbs up!
THAT is what I call a first class support! Very Happy
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: