Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Po-35 Speak with Korg Mono/Minilogue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Metcalf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Po-35 Speak with Korg Mono/Minilogue Reply with quote

I'm trying to use a PO-35 with my Korg Minilogue and Monologue. I have a lot more ambition than I do experience. If I use a Y-cable can I get the PO-35 to control the clock for all three? The other thing that is giving me trouble is getting the PO-35 to play several different sounds that I have sampled in the same sequence. It will play the same sound with different voices, but not several different sounds in the same sequence. I also have difficulty controlling the length of a phrase If I add or subtract steps from the sequence. I 'm not getting the result I expected when I arpeggiate a sound from the PO-35 through the Minilogue. A lot of the problem may be that the manual for the PO-35 is so basic. I could be expecting too much from it too. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Syncing: I would say yes. The webpage talks about the volca, which uses the same sync mechanism as the monologue and so on.

Here is a good tutorial on the PO-35 speak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mCxAdaeDqo

From what I understood (but I might be wrong, take this info for what it is, I don't have a PO35): to choose another sound in a sequence, first select another sound (sound + 1-15) and then go in write mode again and choose 1-16 to put the new selected sound in the sequence.

What do you mean by arpeggiating a sound from the PO-35 through the minilogue?

Have fun.
Paul Metcalf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpAmp,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will check out the Youtube link, but I suspect I have already seen it. I do prefer written documentation because it is easier to refer back to things than with a video. The Minilogue has an arpeggiator. By feeding the PO-35 through the audio in while playing a sequence with both VCOs turned off and the arpeggiator voice selected I expected to be able to arpeggiate the samples from it. It does work, but not as well as I had hoped.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

I agree with you on the manual...

Concerning the arpeggiating. I think it is logical that it is not working as well as you hope... It depends a bit what you exactly want to achieve with it...

If you intend to achieve pitch shifting of the audio coming from the PO-35, then it won't work. The audio is just mixed in and not transposed, just before the voltage controlled filter (VCF).
Basically you are limited to the following effects:
* the EG for the filter and AMP EG for the voltage controlled amplfier
* key tracking of the filter - when on, it will shift the cutoff frequency according to the arpeggiated pattern (keys that you hold)
* velocity of your key presses towards the filter and amplifier.

If you want pitch changes of a sample of the PO-35, I think you need that to do on the PO itself when programming a pattern. Rather then trying to use the arpeggiator of the Minilogue.

Good luck!
Paul Metcalf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpAmp,

Thanks for the information. I probably should have just stayed with Korg and bought the Kaossilator, too. I don't think the PO-35 can do that. I was trying to save a little money. Not always the best idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: