Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convert MID files to SNG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Convert MID files to SNG Reply with quote

YAAAAAAAAY! My Krome showed up yesterday. I’m stoked. The. Combi’s are SICK! So much fun in such little time. Still haven’t had the time to run down and buy an SD card. Will probably just order one today from Amazon while at work.

I will be using software on my Macbook to create/arrange songs and save them as a MIDI file. Is there anyway to convert them to SNG files before putting them on the Krome? It can be Mac or Windows software.

Thanks
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about external conversion, but I'd just copy the .MID files to the SD card, then load them on the Krome and save them however they make sense to you.
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
I don't know about external conversion, but I'd just copy the .MID files to the SD card, then load them on the Krome and save them however they make sense to you.

For some reason I thought that it wouldn’t import a midi. It had to be SNG format. Sure enough, I dumped the midi to the SD and it loaded right up. Duhh!

Thank you!

BTW. I imported the midi song, opened Sequencer, change all the tracks to the Krome instrument I want but the minute I click play, it goes right back to the GM sounds used in the midi. Even after I saved it, same thing. How do I force Krome sounds onto the tracks?
Stoffel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open each track in event editor and delete the program changes.
Maybe there is a "GM mode ON" event at the beginning of one of the tracks.
This has to be deleted too.
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm... how do you do that. I selected a track, clicked Page key, then selected Track Edit. I dont see what to delete. There is a Link to Current but that doesnt change anything.
Stoffel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the ParameterGuide from Korg and read p. 137 ff and p. 169 f.
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
ggm1960

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be watching this thread, have some similar plans. I've spent a little time working on this but have a lot to figure out still. My goal is to create some backing tracks to load on the krome for the duo gigs I'm doing with my wife.

Over the years I've done an extensive amount of work with midi and software sequencers for recording and controlling synths and other outboard gear but my weakness here is that I don't know much about using the krome for sequences.
lidserter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could import the midi and edit all 16 tracks in order to select the right instruments. If your midi exceed the 16 track limit, you may edit it by combining some tracks, if they do not sound simultaneously. Then record the proper sound changes.
In summary you can play at most 16 instruments simultaneously.
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
Stoffel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If your midi exceed the 16 track limit, you may edit it by combining some tracks, if they do not sound simultaneously. Then record the proper sound changes.
In summary you can play at most 16 instruments simultaneously.

The midi standard is limited to 16 channels, so a standard midi file cannot have more than 16 tracks.
ggm1960

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I get several midi files completed, placed on an SD card and they sound ok on the krome. Is there a good way to create a play list? Can/should I load them into a cue list in sequencer mode, load them one by one from the SD card or is there some other way?

Is it a good idea to create a combi for each song? Admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time working on this but so far what I've tried has not seemed to work intuitively or in the way I'd hoped.
lidserter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sng files actually include up to 128 songs. Soo you could import midi files in order then export the sng file. Each sng file may act as a playlist, that loads up to 128 songs made of imported midi files
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
ggm1960

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidserter wrote:
Sng files actually include up to 128 songs. Soo you could import midi files in order then export the sng file. Each sng file may act as a playlist, that loads up to 128 songs made of imported midi files

Thanks for that, this may help me get going in the right direction!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: