Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Italian F Dark 1 -> Samples Not Loaded
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobmusic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Italian F Dark 1 -> Samples Not Loaded Reply with quote

I installed and purchased the Italian Grand and get the error "Samples Not Loaded" but only with Piano Type "Italian F Dark 1" and "Italian F Dark 1 s".
I reinstalled the whole package but that didn't help.
Memory overflow can't be the reason because I tried also with only the EXs21-KSC being loaded.
Anyone else has seen this problem? Any suggestions?
Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this mine EX 21's worked fine the first time. Guess you may need to email KORG or call customer service. 1- 631-390-6800 is customer service and they could be able to get you to the person that could help you.

Maybe try downloading the EX21's all over again and reinstall the codes just a suggestion. DID THEY WORK IN DEMO MODE?
bobmusic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. Fresh downloading and reinstalling EXs21 is what I tried today, but get I the same error message with the Dark 1 Type.
What is strange that there is a sound and I can play the Dark 1-Type quite normal, but the "Samples not Loaded" message pops up here so I wonder if there are any details or layers missing.
Unfortunately I don't know if there was this error message in Demo-Mode, I then just played through the programs.
Guess I will write an email to support.
Korg Collection 3
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things I'm thinking :

1) The new Fazioli grand needs OS 3.1.3. Make sure you are up to date OS-wise and that it is installed before adding the Italian grand EXs. You can verify this in Global mode under Options Info tab, System.

2) You mention the piano sound seems normal when playing programs with the "sample not loaded" message. Note that this can also appear not because a sound library is missing on the main Exi1/Exi2 pages, but also for the accompanying drums under Common/Drum Track tab. Maybe it is just that drum link which is missing after possibly moving it at some point.

Hope this helps.
bobmusic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Two things I'm thinking :
1) The new Fazioli grand needs OS 3.1.3.
2) Note that this can also appear not because a sound library is missing on the main Exi1/Exi2 pages, but also for the accompanying drums under Common/Drum Track tab. Maybe it is just that drum link which is missing after possibly moving it at some point.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
To 1) My OS is up to date
To 2) Let's say I start with the program Italian F Piano where the "Italian F Dark 3 s" Piano Type is used. Everything is fine here, no error message. But when I change the Piano Type to "Italian F Dark 1" or "Italian F Dark 1 s", while staying in the same program, the "Samples Not Loaded" message pops up. So I think the drumsample can't also be the case.

I didn't find the time to write to support but will tell you here what they suggest.
Korg Collection 3
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you go to the upper right dropdown menu and select "Load Required Samples", does this give you a clue on what the issue might be?

You may need to adjust your auto-load KSC to match what you do here to manually load the required samples.
bobmusic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
When you go to the upper right dropdown menu and select "Load Required Samples", does this give you a clue on what the issue might be?

That was a very helpful hint for finding what is actually missing, thank you!

The first Program with the "Samples not loaded" message from the Factory-Bank (it uses Piano Type Italian Dark 1) is U-G0008:Fretless & Piano Split.

When I select the right-menu entry "Load required samples" you get the following information:

Quote:
Bank: Exs6 SGX-1 German D Piano stereo

Multisample/Drumsample:
MS: 0

Load only required sample:
Memory required: 8.1M

Load complete banks:
Memory required: 181M

After loading only the required samples the "Samples not loaded" message disappears.

If you have both the German D and the Italian F in your KSC-Auto-Load then it might be not so obvious that the Italian F borrows a sample from the German D.
Since I leave out the German D to save space for other libraries I wonder if it is possible to only add this 8.1M sample to your KCS-Auto-Load?

I also try to figure out if there is a reasonable difference when the missing sample from the German D Bank is loaded or not loaded. Unfortunately you can't quickly switch between the two sounds.
Korg Collection 3
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bobmusic,

Thanks for the additional info. Cool With it I can confirm that you have discovered a tiny bug, namely a single sample assignment mistake in the new Italian piano library, limited to the SGX-2 programs using the Dark 1 version of the samples. I can confirm that :

1) The "missing" German piano is not used anywhere. To test this, I loaded the required single German MS, then unloaded the whole Exs21 set and nothing comes out whatsoever anywhere using the Dark 1 option.

2) So if you can live with the message, the German sample is not required. Again, zero influence in the sound. Otherwise, you can load only the required German MS 0 to get rid of the message and it indeed will use only 8,1 Mb. Up to you to decide.

I will contact them on my side too so they can be aware of the small bug. Maybe they will fix it in an update for the EXs21 owners. Although again, it creates no problem whatsoever, except for this message when one doesn't use the EXs6 (German piano). I also verified both KSC files for the EX21s and everything is correct. Same if one unloads all the other piano libraries, no other problem either.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When loading them manually, you can choose entire bank or just the needed samples. Choose the smaller option.

But this is only a short term fix, because after a reboot you will have to do it again.

So you can either save a new KSC then add it to auto load in Global, or else just backup everything in Disk mode Save All then load that from now on.

There are others who are more expert on this than I am, but the first method is probably more efficient.
bobmusic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
...I can confirm that you have discovered a tiny bug, namely a single sample assignment mistake in the new Italian piano library, limited to the SGX-2 programs using the Dark 1 version of the samples. I can confirm that :.

Thank you KK for confirming the behavior and testing the missing MultiSample.
Yes, hopefully, we see an update. In the meanwhile, ignoring the message is easy for me Smile
Korg Collection 3
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bobmusic,

You're welcome. I contacted them so I'll update this discussion here if/when there are new details available.
bobmusic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
There are others who are more expert on this than I am, but the first method is probably more efficient.

Hi psionic311, as KK reported, there seems no usage of this EXs6-sample in the Italian-Grand.
A good moment to learn more about loading/unloading certain MultiSamples.
In the meanwhile, I contacted the german Korg support and will also give an update here if they answer.
Korg Collection 3
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bobmusic (and this also applies to all buyers of the new Italian F piano),

As a little update here, I just wanted to mention that today I received confirmation from Korg that the bug discovered here "will be corrected in a future update". Dancing

This proves once again that Korg continues to give good support for Kronos owners. Cool

Sounds Good
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome ! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: