Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pajen's amazing Volca Sample firmware hack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShoNuff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: pajen's amazing Volca Sample firmware hack Reply with quote

this needs to be documented here. pajen has done an amazing re-write of the Sample's firmware. it's still in beta and limited to a few beta-tester machines -of which i am fortunate to be.

surprised he has not mentioned it - being very modest !
(or did i start a thread about it already somewhere?)

it can now record pitch/speed from midi notes, and velocity, has various modes, new CCs. so you can play samples melodically and record it in the sequencer. this makes a huge difference. no need for the retrokits cable, and you can have all samples in a pattern with pitch and velocity. excellent.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link?
ShoNuff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
Link?

sure Cool
start here, at link. this was the point where a few of us had run a 'test update' file sent to us by pajen, on our individual machines, and had had to send him back the code it generated. those that did it became the beta test machines. (look a couple of pages back if you want to read the whole thing - but that stage is over)

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1232112-volca-sample-firmware-hack-10.html

the following page has reports back on first beta, followed quickly by a 2nd beta - which is where it's at now. there hasn't been an update since. and you'll see the topic is straying onto adjacent issues, like hacking firmwares for other volcas. pajen has had a go at changing PCM sounds on the Beats, successfully, and now zelea2, another member, has extracted the firmware from Volca Keys. crazy stuff !

best to follow that link for details of Sample new features list. i'll check my notes and post them here in a bit.

it's GREAT and i've been having a lot of fun with it. completely transforms what it can do.

we have to wait for pajen to come up with his 'release candidate' version, and see what he intends to do, in terms of making it available to more machines than just the 4 or 5 that are 'authorised' for it at present.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: