Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac OS Catalina and iOS 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaneda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Mac OS Catalina and iOS 13 Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2019/0911/?fbclid=IwAR0dxGlpJoDPIriUuWa_wai16Zsyueqj2wZUb2jRy3guqIb7W_GzdTJXmZI
Poseidon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for bringing good news.

I was already planning to sell my kronos 2-88 (2018 model), and buy Kawai MP11SE. But it seems like i give a chance to Korg and see how it goes.
Kaneda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon wrote:
Thank you for bringing good news.

I was already planning to sell my kronos 2-88 (2018 model), and buy Kawai MP11SE. But it seems like i give a chance to Korg and see how it goes.

That's quite ironic. I have a Kawai MP11SE, but had been considering buying a Kronos 2 88 at some point in time Very Happy
Poseidon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a classical man.
Korg Kronos as a main MIDI controller for Mac based DAW is a failure !

When My friend purchased Kawai MP11SE, I simply fell in Love with it after playing many days.

Even if I sell Korg Kronos, I will buy a workstation in near future when it’s released. Currently there’s none ( I mean other than Korg, and new Fantom - is not for me )
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon wrote:
I am a classical man.
Korg Kronos as a main MIDI controller for Mac based DAW is a failure !

When My friend purchased Kawai MP11SE, I simply fell in Love with it after playing many days.

Even if I sell Korg Kronos, I will buy a workstation in near future when it’s released. Currently there’s none ( I mean other than Korg, and new Fantom - is not for me )

I love Kawai, myself Smile I used to have an MP5 about 10 years ago and LOVED the action. It was a joy to play it. I sold it in 2014.

I have a lot of Korg in my studio and also have the PA700 and love them too, but the Kawai stuff is just so great.

Many people say that one has to get used to the sound of a Kawai, and I didn't have to get used to it at all. I loved it from the start.

I now have a Lowrey EZP3 I picked up dirt cheap during a blowout sale and I LOVE it too. I love the piano sounds and the action. next to the Kawai MP5, the Lowrey is the best action I have played in a stage piano.

Why would I talk about the Lowrey? Lowrey is owned by Kawai and has been for a long time. Their EZP3 is basically a Kawai stage piano with some auto-accompaniment features that Lowrey uses on their products...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Poseidon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:

I love Kawai, myself Smile

Very Happy Boo hoo!

Musicwithharry wrote:

Many people say that one has to get used to the sound of a Kawai, and I didn't have to get used to it at all. I loved it from the start.

It’s a work of art and I find Kawai MP11SE quite a marvel.
I guess some people have a different tastes, or perhaps no tastes at all.
And the key action is awe-inspiring in a class of digital pianos.
Kaneda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my MP11SE as well. It's what I should have bought from the start. I've found that I don't like workstations at all because they're more computer than keyboard. Synths, don't need those either.
I started out with music at a very young age, learning classical piano. I had a Yamaha upright at home, and bought some synths as well later on, because I wanted to look cool in front of my friends, I assume Very Happy
Only joking.

Still, got back into music around April this year and have since then bought and returned several keyboards (6 of them, to be exact), simply because I didn't really know what direction I wanted to take :

The Korg Kross 2 88 was the second board I bought, and it's the only one I haven't sent back. Yes, it's a workstation, and it's a synth in a way, but there's something very likeable about it.
And now, I finally have what I've always wanted, and that's the closest thing to an acoustic piano, the Kawai MP11SE.
I'll keep the Kross 2 88 for gigging : it's quite lightweight and it's got some good piano sounds, and I've gotten used to its keybed. Plus, it will make a fine second tier for the Kawai when I'm at home.

But we're digressing. Back on topic, please ! Wink
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaneda wrote:
Love my MP11SE as well. It's what I should have bought from the start. I've found that I don't like workstations at all because they're more computer than keyboard. Synths, don't need those either.
I started out with music at a very young age, learning classical piano. I had a Yamaha upright at home, and bought some synths as well later on, because I wanted to look cool in front of my friends, I assume Very Happy
Only joking.

Still, got back into music around April this year and have since then bought and returned several keyboards (6 of them, to be exact), simply because I didn't really know what direction I wanted to take :

The Korg Kross 2 88 was the second board I bought, and it's the only one I haven't sent back. Yes, it's a workstation, and it's a synth in a way, but there's something very likeable about it.
And now, I finally have what I've always wanted, and that's the closest thing to an acoustic piano, the Kawai MP11SE.
I'll keep the Kross 2 88 for gigging : it's quite lightweight and it's got some good piano sounds, and I've gotten used to its keybed. Plus, it will make a fine second tier for the Kawai when I'm at home.

But we're digressing. Back on topic, please ! Wink

I was classically trained as well. Been playing since I was a young child. My first keyboard, for the first couple of years learning piano was actually a 3 octave Sears electronic air organ. When we could afford a piano, I received a Wurlitzer Spinet acoustic piano.

After about 7 years, I got out of classical music and started playing more contemporary stuff. That is what I do now, but it does have classical elements to it in the music I write.

The first synth I ever purchased on my own was a Korg Poly-800. I have probably had over 100 synths in my career, the most at any one time was 36 (included rack units as well). I do not have nearly that many now, and Korg takes up at least a third of my current studio inventory. Ensoniq takes up another third and then I have one-offs from a few other companies. I plan on getting another Korg and a few Behringer units as well in the next few months.

I would love another Kawai. Either the MP7SE or the MP11SE will be next in a stage piano for my studio...When that happens, the Lowrey will be my live board.

Getting back on topic, I am not hindered by any issues with MacOS or iOS, since I do not use Mac stuff in my music production/recording. I like to keep my music on a hardware level instead of trusting computers to help me make music. I use the PC (Windows) for archiving and file format creation/manipulation. The support issues with Mac won't affect me in any way Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with the MP11SE!

I find it the closest to my Kawai Acoustic Grand, and it truly is a joy to use. I recently made comments on the Kronos forum about using it to play Kronos pianos.....

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119799
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: