Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Wav Multisamples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Free Wav Multisamples Reply with quote

Following on from last nights Korg World webinar on 'Sampling' with Korg Arrangers, Ive been looking for some free wav samples / multisamples that we can load. Not really found much as yet.
mordechai

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: free samples Reply with quote

look up free soundfonts
i downloaded a ton of them. www.soundpacks.com has the ultimate sound font pack that has pretty good sounds . its free as can be

most of them are compatible with 4x some arent .

should keep you busy,

mordechai
GregoryS

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Complete NewBie Reply with quote

Hello. I'm totally new to this site but keen to get more out of my Pa4x NEXT. As suggested, I've downloaded some free SoundPacks, but could someone plrease advise me how to use them? Can I stick them on a USB and plug into my Korg or can they only be used with a DAW (which I don't use at all).
mordechai

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject: how to use samples Reply with quote

the 4x is a sample based synth . the samples you downloaded can be imported into your keyboard so that you can create sounds with them.

however .............in order to create a pa sound out of samples you usually need to have a few samples of the the instrument in different keys.

(one sample pattern i have seen to work is( c d# f# a) across a few octaves depending if its a bass sound or a lead sound is which octaves i would sample)

the process of assigning all of these samples to their corresponding keys in the keyboard is called creating a MULTISAMPLE. (all of these features are found in sound mode when you press record)

after you have created and saved your multisample you can now use it in sound mode to create a sound

to do this you need to exit record mode and go back to regular sound mode
and assign your ram sample to an OSC

if you downloaded the sample packs i mentioned earlier in this topic then you have downloaded soundfonts (sf2)

soundfonts are complete preassigned multisamples that are ready to be imported and used in sound mode to create sounds!

not all sf2 are compatible with 4x

hope this helps a little

keep well

mordechai
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gregory S see my post here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=122041
This is one way of doing it.
GregoryS

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thanks to both of you. I'll give it a try.
Regards from Singapore
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: