Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FullPipes - Free Pipe Organ Program

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackjo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: FullPipes - Free Pipe Organ Program Reply with quote

As a huge Pipe Organ fanatic, I've always found workstation imitations of them somewhat disappointing. Some of the EXS collections for the Kronos offer better Pipe Organ sounds, but I thought I'd have a go at something myself.

This is a combination of internal ROM samples, a sample from the EXS19 KaPro's Private Collection set (you will need to have this installed on your Kronos) and my own custom samples.

Demo here:

https://soundcloud.com/jghackett/korg-kronos-fullpipes-demo

I've uploaded the PCG file and KSC files here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uyjmaa8lvzjy88o/FullPipesJFH.zip?dl=0

Help yourselves and let me know if there's any issues loading the samples.

Last edited by hackjo on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stoffel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The demo sounds very good, but I was not able to try the sound on my kronos, because the kmp and ksf files are missing.
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
hackjo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I'll add those to the package on DropBox and update.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: FullPipes - Free Pipe Organ Program Reply with quote

hackjo wrote:
As a huge Pipe Organ fanatic, I've always found workstation imitations of them somewhat disappointing. Some of the EXS collections for the Kronos offer better Pipe Organ sounds, but I thought I'd have a go at something myself.

This is a combination of internal ROM samples, a sample from the EXS19 KaPro's Private Collection set (you will need to have this installed on your Kronos) and my own custom samples.

Demo here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sok23ewhyig7ou/FullPipesJFH.zip?dl=0

Hello, I just listened to your soundcloud demo : this full pipe organ sound is very impressive and realistic, congratuilations !
Could you please inform us when you'll upload your samples ?
Thanks
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A full pipes organ is a piece of cake by re-sampling a decent VST , but Pipe Organ fanatics & players need all Stoppers variations of Upper , Lower and Pedal
Swell and full real time control via sliders & controllers like Hammond engine , so a real Pipe Organ needs sophisticated sound developing in Combination mode
and the only library that you can perform in real time a full stoppers adjustable pipe organ plus ready midi controller for full octaves pedals can be found
in WavesArt Vintage Keyboards and a partial demo is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHX2dik3gw&feature=youtu.be&t=117
Just explore architecture of this and get some ideas for making your own real Pipe Organ.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
hackjo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
A full pipes organ is a piece of cake by re-sampling a decent VST , but Pipe Organ fanatics & players need all Stoppers variations of Upper , Lower and Pedal
Swell and full real time control via sliders & controllers like Hammond engine , so a real Pipe Organ needs sophisticated sound developing in Combination mode
and the only library that you can perform in real time a full stoppers adjustable pipe organ plus ready midi controller for full octaves pedals can be found
in WavesArt Vintage Keyboards and a partial demo is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHX2dik3gw&feature=youtu.be&t=117
Just explore architecture of this and get some ideas for making your own real Pipe Organ.

Agree wholeheartedly. The magic of a real Pipe Organ, if you've ever had the privilege of sitting at one, is the ability to combine many different stops to form multiple choruses, something a simple program can't replicate.

In some ways, the Pipe Organ is a kind of additive synthesiser. The sound is built by adding various harmonics to a base tone.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackjo wrote:
if you've ever had the privilege of sitting at one ...

In the latest years , I had the privilege to full sample with 8 microphones , 3 holly monsters of them for VST companies I cooperate with ,
I have also developed the above library I was talking about !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
hackjo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: FullPipes - Free Pipe Organ Program Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:

Hello, I just listened to your soundcloud demo : this full pipe organ sound is very impressive and realistic, congratuilations !
Could you please inform us when you'll upload your samples ?
Thanks

Just updated the files with the samples. Hopefully this will now work.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. It works well.
Very good sound ! thanks !
Purgatory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: FullPipes - Free Pipe Organ Program Reply with quote

hackjo wrote:

Demo here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uyjmaa8lvzjy88o/FullPipesJFH.zip?dl=0

Thank you. Sounds Good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: