Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to create a sustain effect without using a pedal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex3000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: How to create a sustain effect without using a pedal? Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I am a foreigner, I try to write in English. Wanted to have you ask on forum, as obtain effect "sustain" (is called-release), not applying pedal; not can find his in section effects.
Backpool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - try number 81 or 87 I sometimes use these . There is not defined 'release' effect, well, as far as I am aware.

But why would you not want to use the pedal function?

Keith
alex3000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Backpool! I tried your numbers today:) Well, I mean-81 and 87 are more of a "delay"effect. That is, there is a repetition of the sound after a certain period of time. And for me, I'm looking for a sound like "sustain", no foot pedal. Probably, there is no such effect. But still thanks for your support! By the way, I really like the style in synthesizers - Bolero Lento. I converted it from Tyros virtual styles - but it was played on EK with distortions: (. Although here is the other style, with Yamaha 8000 - plays normal
The footswitch is worth the extra money
Backpool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - You quite correct there is nothing oddly to replicate release/sus in the options, well as far as I am aware. I just wanted you to maybe try these two which I have tried.
Although i do use the pedal function for sustain myself. i suppose it is not an effect option with it having been given as a pedal option.
I personally use 'fill break' on Yamaha, which I do find terrific, as you can hold it down in some styles for a longer break of several beats/bars. Pity we cant have that function ....well for me it would be great.
I suppose with this board we are lucky to be given ANY options at all....lol

Thanks for the style info. some of the Roland conversions also seem to work 'ok' from PA80 But it would be nice to be able to get hold of a decent set of 6 x 16 dedicated to the EK50

I find me and Mitzie are pretty much home alone here Alex , so do keep in touch.

Regards - Keith
alex3000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah here is decided to today play on Casio CT in no clothing left, and found, that it turns out, there there is separate button, "sustain", I made screenshot this button and uploaded its on fotokhosting. I do not understand why this feature is not in EK

Circled this button with a red line

link:

http://ifotohost.com/view/1nqxq0t/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: