Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh no. Patch loss/corruption

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgarner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Oh no. Patch loss/corruption Reply with quote

I uninstalled the Korg Driver because I was having problems with Logic. This fixed most of those problems.

Then I used Prologue Sound Librarian while I had some synths connected and a track playing. It was taking longer than usual. My Sub 37 started to make weird sounds so I stopped the track and MIDI panic'd the 37 to make the noise stop.

When Librarian had finished, I found it had squirted patches everywhere. The first 3 patches, Runner Brass. Around 66% of patches had been overwritten with the preceding patches.

I felt sick. I checked for backups on disk: 2018. Oh god. Nearly everything recent had gone. I had SysEx in tracks I was using stuff on but not nearly enough to reconstruct.

Back up regularly, people, and don't consider using Prologue Sound Librarian without the Korg driver, no matter how much trouble it may cause you.

Last edited by rgarner on Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
rgarner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thank god, found a backup that I'd accidentally saved to the "wrong" place from last month.

Prologue Librarian seems to live or die by the Korg driver...
Narioso

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the Korg driver has always been flaky.
When I had Kingkorg librarian it worked better class compliant at some point, and I uninstalled Korg driver.

So now with Prologue I uninstalled everything Kingkorg and went with latest driver which was not the version suggested in pdf. That in pdf for windows said version that existed for Mac.

So starting Prologue librarian I still got a smug message telling me it's supposed to be Korg midi driver which it was-

Anyway following suggestion that popped up it listed the midi ports of Kingkorg librarian with audio and all.

Gosh, so I went automatic instead - and that works. So I dare not change a thing now.

I run windows 7 x64, if windows 10 works better, don't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: