Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Studio Monitor for Korg Krome

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AniR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Studio Monitor for Korg Krome Reply with quote

Dear All,

I have Krome 61 keys keyboard and I was looking for buying studio monitors.
My goal is to record/compose music and play some songs during my leisure time.

For recording, I would need a audio interface but I will not buy now, may be after 3-4 months.

I will be staying in a small room, so 4" / 5" woofer will be good i guess.
Room size is 25 sq mtr ( approx 269 sq ft)

I generally compose or play mainly piano / string patterns and add beats to it ( majorly good bass in it)

I have a total budget of 7500 SEK ( Swedish Krona) and would need your suggestion for the following things:

1) Any stores in Stockholm to get a demo of the studio monitors before buying?

2) I know it is inconclusive to which brand I should nail down to, but looking at the budget, which one should I focus so that I can finalize and buy it on black friday?

3) I am not sure but feel that Korg Krome has single channel for left and right, which cables should I purchase ?

Looking forward for your suggestion.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 or 5 inch speakers seem a little small for decent bass response. 8 inches would be better.

The Krome has individual L and R line outs, so the best approach is to use separate jack to jack cables to the speaker system, or a two mono to one stereo jack cable, if you speaker input is a single stereo jack. If R line out is not connected, the L/MONO output will carry a mono mix of the L & R channels, though acoustic pianos sound better in stereo. The headphone output carries separate L and R outputs on one jack, using tip and ring on the jack (sleeve is ground). This could be used as an output to external speakers, should it be necessary. The output level at the headphone jack should be close to line level, if phones are not connected.

Last edited by voip on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
AniR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
4 or 5 inch speakers seem a little small for decent bass response. 8 inches would be better.

The Krome has individual L and R line outs, so the best approach is to se separate jack to jack cables to the speaker system, or a two mono to one stereo jack cable, if you speaker input is a single stereo jack. If R line out is not connected, the L/MONO output will carry a mono mix of the L & R channels, though acoustic pianos sound better in stereo. The headphone output carries separate L and R outputs on one jack, using tip and ring on the jack (sleeve is ground). This could be used as an output to external speakers, should it be necessary. The output level at the headphone jack should be close to line level, if phones are not connected.

Thank you Voip for your suggestion.
I will go for 8 inch studio monitor.

Any suggestion for studio monitor brand I should specifically look into?

I know it is person specific, since I dont have much time, I will start with them first.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say, personal preference will weigh quite a bit in the monitor equation. A decent home stereo system would also work, using the CD player input, or Aux input.

Yamaha, JBL and PreSonus seem to figure in quite a few discussions.

Use the forum search feature, linked at the rop of the page, and enter something like: "monitor recommend" as the search terms (minus the ""), and choose the "Search for all terms" option. This should give a reasonably useful list of past threads on the subject.

AniR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a ton, Voip!

voip wrote:
As you say, personal preference will weigh quite a bit in the monitor equation. A decent home stereo system would also work, using the CD player input, or Aux input.

Yamaha, JBL and PreSonus seem to figure in quite a few discussions.

Use the forum search feature, linked at the rop of the page, and enter something like: "monitor recommend" as the search terms (minus the ""), and choose the "Search for all terms" option. This should give a reasonably useful list of past threads on the subject.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: