Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard Shell Case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
capitani

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Hard Shell Case Reply with quote

Just got a $250 repair for my KK. Problem was Keys G2, A2 & D6 stopped playing. The cause? the cheap soft shell case I bought and the internal straps mashed up against those keys while the keyboard was being transported. Can anyone recommend a hardshell case for the KK?
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might just have to get one custom made. I build them and simply built one myself. I live and work in Toronto though. I'm prett sure there are case builders in New York that you could contact.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
stale

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the gator cases. Great fit and light but the handle fell off after a few months. I don’t recommend at all. I have used the SKB 3i4214KBD. Case. Great fit light weight.
mike3000

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Hard Shell Case Reply with quote

I have a Gator 61-Key Keyboard Case w/ TSA Latches and Wheels (GTSA-KEY61) https://gatorcases.com/products/keyboard/tsa-ata-keyboard-cases/tsa-keyboard/61-note-keyboard-case-w-wheels-gtsa-key61/
I originally bought an Odyssey FZKB61W Case, but it was way too cumbersome and HEAVY - 43 lbs would you believe! The Gator weighs half that and is much more practical. It is strong and durable and the wedge and block design for interior customization means I can securely pack the KingKORG and associated cables so it is well protected and won’t move around. I haven’t had any incident of the handle coming off (yet). So I recommend the Gator for its nearly indestructible polyethylene construction, interior customization and manageable weight.
al urezzio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: keys damaged Reply with quote

i use a semi soft case because of the weight of the hard shell cases .. i have put a fairly thick piece of form across the keys before the straps , seems to protect it ..i also make sure that side of the case is ALWAYS up ...
al urezzio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: keys damaged Reply with quote

i use a semi soft case because of the weight of the hard shell cases .. i have put a fairly thick piece of form across the keys before the straps , seems to protect it ..i also make sure that side of the case is ALWAYS up ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: