Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving a Keyboard Set ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuong tran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Biggles, everything is OK now, and I was able now to change the name of the Kb Set and save it to the style.

I did exactly what I did before, but this time I went to Global Mode then >Mode Preference>Media then I unchecked ''Protect Factory'', but then I checked it again right away before I went to the Write Mode.

I don't know why, but this time I did not get the Write Error Message anymore. Maybe the fact that I Unchecked then Checked again the ''Protect Factory'' option unlocks something internally, and everything works well now.

Anyway, this is a good experience and it may help people with the same problem in the future.

Thank you once again.
cuong tran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add this : it would be better if Korg could modify in the next OS so that we can change the Kb set Name (yes the ''Name'') and put theses changes in a Song (instead of the Style), so the Style stays intact while we get everything else in that Song when we recall it.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased that you are now sorted.

I do go one about Songbook and Setlist as the key to effective use of a PA but once these are mastered then creating User Styles and Keyboard Sets can be very useful.

TIP

If you use the freebie Korg Bonusware downloads then do be careful as installing some of the Style packs downloads installs in to and from User 1 Bank 1 and there is no way to direct it to a specific location, this is not universal it only happens with some of them.

So what I am saying is when you save your own Styles to the User area do save to the high numbered User Banks, renaming the User Bank by say Genre and logically save your Styles to these higher locations.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject: Saving a Keyboard Set Reply with quote

Hello,
postings of this thread cause a lot of confusion and there are some recommendations that have nothing to do with whether a Write KbdSet to Style succeeds or not:

- Command "Write current Style Setting" write Accompainment Sounds and Settings (of Background tracks) but no Kbd Sets (data of Realtime Tracks)
- To check / uncheck Style protection boxes in Global is meaningless and does not influence to "Write KbdSets" because because this boxes are StylePlay parameters whereas Write commands are file management commands
- Write command "Write KbdSet to Style" only can be saved to User or Direct Styles or onto Songbook entries, but normally cannot be saved to Factory Styles
- Write command "Write current Style Setting" for background sounds also only can be saved onto User Styles or Direct Styles, but normally cannot be saved to Factory Styles
- to save over a Factory Sound location only can be done by deselecting the Protect > Factory checkbox in the Global > Mode Preferences > Media page.
To change and write details of KeyboardSets is not that complicated. First select an User Style, an Direct Style or a SongbookEntry, make your changes and then open the "Write Keyboard Set to Style" dialog from the control panel (Manual Pa1000, Page 188).

If intended to change the name of the Keyboard Set touch the Text Edit icon to open a virtual keyboard, edit the name - and just touch the OK button, that is all to save / overwrite a current Keyboard Set.

cuong tran wrote:
.. would be better if Korg could modify in the next OS so that we can change the Kb set Name (yes the ''Name'') and put theses changes in a Song (instead of the Style), so the Style stays intact while we get everything else in that Song when we recall it....

I think it is not necessary to change OS, because it is realized exactly as you want.

However, you will get your "Write message error" if no user style, direct style or songbook entry is opened for the change, or trying to select a factory style to be overwritten as "Style containing the Keyboard Set" - just in this case you will get " Write message error".
Changes you mean are not changes in a Song but in an Songbook entry - if you made changes of KbdSets in a Style, its Sb-Entry typ still remains a Style and not a Song, because Songplay means to play with Midifiles or MP3-files.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: