Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

monologue Sound Librarian does not detect monologue hardware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XilburQost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: monologue Sound Librarian does not detect monologue hardware Reply with quote

I'm trying to use monologue Sound Librarian for PC with a new Korg monologue synth, but unfortunately Sound Librarian reports that the Korg is not connected, even though it is.

The latest Korg MIDI USB driver is installed and when connected the monologue hardware shows up in Windows 10 device manager, and is visible to Korg's "Configure KORG USB-MIDI Driver" app.

I've tried this on three different computers (Windows 10 and 7) without success.

Am I missing a step? Thanks.
XilburQost

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also tried to initiate data dumps from the monologue to PC, but the monologue hardware reports "USB Error." I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with the monologues' USB hardware.

I sent Korg a support request regarding this issue on Monday, 7/23, but have not heard back yet, nor did I get any confirmation of my request, support ticket #, etc. And, unfortunately, Korg doesn't appear to handle tech support over the phone.

Anyplace else I can go for assistance?

Thanks.
XilburQost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After much tweaking and visits to the Windows registry I was able to achieve limited access to the monologue hardware via MIDI cables by uninstalling DrvTools_1_15_r23e.exe and using Microsoft’s default MIDI drivers, but the access was inconsistent—and weird.

For example, while I was unable to get the Librarian to read all presets, I could get the Librarian to read them individually—to a point—though any patch above 20 was unreadable and unwritable. Also, somewhere along the way I somehow wiped out most of the presets on the monologue hardware (I have no idea how this happened), obliging me to do a factory presets reset to restore the presets (though, oddly, even the factory reset retained one patch that I managed to rename; yet another mystery).

I should also mention that the Librarian repeatedly gave me an error saying I should check the monologue’s “SysEx MIDI filter settings,” though I see no reference to SysEx MIDI filter settings in the monologue manual.
XilburQost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got the Korg software Librarian and monologue hardware to work reliably under Windows 10.

1) Thoroughly uninstall the Librarian first (I use Revo Uninstaller, which also removes all related registry entries) and then re-install the Librarian. I need to go through this process every time I use the Librarian, otherwise it won’t detect the monologue hardware.

2) Connect the monologue hardware via both USB and MIDI-to-USB cables

3) Do NOT install the Korg drivers (DrvTools_1_15_r23e.exe).
drsamurai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject: monologue Sound Librarian does not detect monologue hardware Reply with quote

Tried several times with different USB ports and MIDI ports on Windows 7 and 10 machines without success. A friend has a monologue and using his Mac computer (pre-Catalina OS) file transfer worked fine. I think Korg needs to work out some kinks with it's Windows driver and editor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: