Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Standard Pa700 v Pa700 RED Resources?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
Concur. The 'Red' webinar was a bit of a letdown. Largely aimed at newcomers, it seemed, what with Christmas around the corner. I'd go so far as to say Adam looked almost bored.

Totally agree

The next PA webinar is from a Music Store on Christmas goodies.

Expecting more Sales pitch orientated.

Not that I would buy anything in the store they will be based in, with this store I would only ever buy online and not in store.

In store terms and conditions suck, big time,

Given that A&C Hamilton are only 15 minutes travel away, it is a no contest, Hamiltons would get my business every day (and they have).
gwc uk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa700RD WEBINAR was exactly as I stated above....no more no less.

Purchasing the normal Pa700 from Keysound a customer would also get USB added features.
In fairness Keysound is a good customer supporting dealer from whom I have purchased previously.

Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointed in the Red, it is not worth the extra £250 just fir a red colour scheme.

I got a USB resource memory stick when I bought my standard 700 two years ago.

That said what was demonstrated was very good content.

When Korg released the Neon versions of the Kross 2 there was quite a lot of additional content included on board by Korg, which was later released to other Kross 2 users and said content now resides on my Kross 2.

Cannot help feeling that Korg are conning customers.
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwc uk wrote:
Pa700RD WEBINAR was exactly as I stated above....no more no less.

Purchasing the normal Pa700 from Keysound a customer would also get USB added features.
In fairness Keysound is a good customer supporting dealer from whom I have purchased previously.

As stated here earlier I think the whole performance was utterly disappointing and that is an understatement. Not the first time I have been disappointed with Korg UK.
I stayed tune for the first 40 minutes and then I took my leave. It bothered me a lot that they were actually trying to flog the "new " keyboard to people who had never ever heard or seen a Korg before. As to the truly informative stages of the new stuff ( styles, sounds, samples, pads, etc) they hardly got beyond a string of organ sounds etc.etc.
What bugged me particularly was the fact that they were not open about what had really been done to this magic new content. My first and foremost question would have been in how far they had added extra NEW SAMPLES to the root of all these new sounds or whether they had simpley programmed new sounds with the existing samples and save them in Keyboard Sets.
Probably there will be some new samples on the sd-card that comes with it, if not then it is a complete waste of money, but if so I would have like to know which new samples.
By comparison: six months ago I bought the German "Musikant " extension for my PA1000 (also an sd-card) and even before purchasing it I could read on the internet exactly what was new there. And before I forget, I thougth it was money very well spent. This extension adds all kinds of stuff including new samples and including a host of Songbook entries with much much better settings that the Korg factory songbook settings which are bit of a laugh really (and always have been imho).
N.B. the "Musikant " extension can also be purchased for the PA700 but is different from the PA1000 version ( and 50 euros cheaper, see Thoman Music or Music Store in Germany).
It cannot be emphasized enough that there are substantial differences between the PA700 and the PA1000 apart from the obvious such as aftertouch, vocaliser etc. Also the number of basic factory samples and therefor sounds and styles are different to a certain extent. Mind you the PA700 is an incredible keyboard for the money, just saying that the PA1000 is even better.

regards,
John
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why all the complaining about Korg UK webinars? i think they do a great job. Not everybody is an ' expert'. Some reactions here I find a bit arrogant. If you don't like the webinars, don't look at them. there are loads of people enjoying the webinars as you can see in the positive feedback. keep up the good work, Korg UK, you do a fantastic job in explaining the ins and outs of the instrument little by little. Most I do already know, but there's always something to learn. Adam and Lukes & others enthousiasm is very nice to watch and to be part of.

Play in style. Wink
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsmies wrote:
By comparison: six months ago I bought the German "Musikant " extension for my PA1000 (also an sd-card) and even before purchasing it I could read on the internet exactly what was new there. And before I forget, I thougth it was money very well spent. This extension adds all kinds of stuff including new samples and including a host of Songbook entries with much much better settings that the Korg factory songbook settings which are bit of a laugh really (and always have been imho).
N.B. the "Musikant " extension can also be purchased for the PA700 but is different from the PA1000 version ( and 50 euros cheaper, see Thoman Music or Music Store in Germany).
It cannot be emphasized enough that there are substantial differences between the PA700 and the PA1000 apart from the obvious such as aftertouch, vocaliser etc. Also the number of basic factory samples and therefor sounds and styles are different to a certain extent. Mind you the PA700 is an incredible keyboard for the money, just saying that the PA1000 is even better.
regards,
John

John,
I haven't heard how many more samples and MBs of sound the Pa1000 has in addition to what the Pa700 has. And, do you know the names of the sounds that those extra samples translate to?

One area that surprises me, given their popular SV-1 board that is well known for great EP sounds, is that the EPs on my Pa1000 is only so-so, not outstanding like their basses, guitars, woodwinds, brass, etc.

Thanks,
Randy
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy,

Nope I have no specifics as to the overall ROM sample volume of either board, these things are generally kept at very close quarters but I know for a fact that they differ. Besides, I briefly had the PA700 before getting the PA1000 and there are differences no doubt. Also brought to light by the fact that my JS Resources (which are still on offer see my website link below) do not work fully on the PA700, at least not in the way intended by its creator, haha......
I agree with your comments about the electric piano sounds though you can go a long way with tweaking, Harry knows all about that and has some good sounds. Last year I bought some el. piano samples from Dynamix for the PA1000 which were allright. I recently had the V3 sound module from Austria which has some very good el pianos on top of its acoustic pianos and superb accordeons but decided not to hang on to it. My current set up contains the PA1000 plus the PSR-950 and the Ketron SD2 module.
Talking of which, last night I recorded some improvising off the cuff, so do not , I repeat not, pay attention to all the mistakes that I am playing, instead beware of the difference in sound :
the first part of this audio track is played on the PA1000 with internal PA1000 sounds, the second half is played on the PA1000 again but with all sounds from the ketron sd2 module:
https://app.box.com/s/4sg5h7mj4ug0gk0fw5q31o0yyv25v14r

Frans,
If you are happy with Korg UK all the better for you. But please don't start
calling people like biggles and me arrogant just because they call a spade a spade. The recent webinair was a laugh, period. Nonetheless everyone is entitled to his/her opinion....

regards,
John

JS resources and user comments:
http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pity they didn't go more into creating content, whilst I've spent the last two years tweaking and creating my own. It's good to find tips on improving what you already have.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
Why all the complaining about Korg UK webinars? i think they do a great job. Not everybody is an ' expert'. Some reactions here I find a bit arrogant. If you don't like the webinars, don't look at them. there are loads of people enjoying the webinars as you can see in the positive feedback. keep up the good work, Korg UK, you do a fantastic job in explaining the ins and outs of the instrument little by little. Most I do already know, but there's always something to learn. Adam and Lukes & others enthousiasm is very nice to watch and to be part of.

Well said Frans

I am a great fan of the webinars and all the effort that Korg UK puts into them.

Adam taught me a lot about my 700 when he gave me a one to one tutorial session two years ago when I bought mine so I will not stand for any adverse comments on the presenters.

That said Korg are in business to sell keyboards and if rampant sales become the norm in their webinars then Korg need telling, the next PA webinar is from Rimmers where I fully expect it too to be sales orientated.

Let see Yamaha and Roland et al provide such a service to their customers.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsmies wrote:

Frans,
calling people like biggles and me arrogant just because they call a spade a spade. The recent webinair was a laugh, period. Nonetheless everyone is entitled to his/her opinion....

regards,
John

John, I don't think there are many people supporting your personal view about the Korg UK webinars, including Biggles as he states.
They do a fantastic job and yes, it's sometimes a bit commercial. Who cares? We all know it's a company that needs to make money.
And there's loads of stuff they give away for free also. It's not just me being happy with it, read the comments with every single seminar and you'll see there a loads of people happy with it.
There's nothing to be proud of to be banned from the webinars, because you've asked some critical questions.
[/u]

Play in style. Wink
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Webinars - not recommended, better use manual Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
.. view about the Korg UK webinars ..

John's personal view about the Korg UK webinars I support too.

Also maybe a lot of people are happy with it - maybe have an aversion to read an extensive manual as necessary for Pa-Keyboards.
That few simple basic informations from a Webinar more thoroughly and more seriously one get about simple reading a manual, that are ready for download of Korgs Homepage.

It is recommended to use these manuals - there more is insided you ever get with some fragmentary informations of such webinars.
Although - sometimes manuals of Korg a little bit better structured would be desirable. With good manuals - like seen with Roland and Yamaha - no webinar using advertisements disguised as essential informations is necessary.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
johnsmies wrote:

Frans,

regards,
John

John, I don't think there are many people supporting your personal view about the Korg UK webinars, including Biggles as he states.
They do a fantastic job and yes, it's sometimes a bit commercial. Who cares? We all know it's a company that needs to make money.
And there's loads of stuff they give away for free also. It's not just me being happy with it, read the comments with every single seminar and you'll see there a loads of people happy with it.
There's nothing to be proud of to be banned from the webinars, because you've asked some critical questions.
[/u]

Frans,

I respectfully disagre with most of your comments here but let us leave it at that. I do want to add two observations though:
the recent PA700 webinair drew 100 viewers ( globally that is !!!) which us already telling. Furthermore I never said I was proud of being banned for asking questions. I was simply asking whether the new content contained new samples or not and that in itself was apparently enough to be ousted.

thank you Siebenhirter for your opinion.

regards,
John
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

Being barred for asking the question you did is a well over the top reaction.

I have been critical direct with the Korg Manager who organises the webinars so will have to see if I suffer the same fate.

The Red webinar was nothing more than a promotional event for Keysound, which given that there are only 25 Red’s available with the USB content was a bit excessive and a slap in the face for other Korg retailers.

The next PA webinar is from Rimmer’s a retailer that last week had c6 Korgs on display yet about 30;Yamaha’s, and I am expecting another sales orientated event.

We are still lucky to have the tech webinars.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: announce of promotional events Reply with quote

To announce promotional events and sales orientated events devalue this forum.
It should not serve as sales promotion more and more as noticeable lately.

From users to get announced over and over about promotional events and another sales orientated events here is no reason to be lucky!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to see how anything that promotes Sales of Korg instruments is anything but good?

Anything that encourages new buyers to the Korg family is surely a good thing, how can it be anything else?

With the Korg Webinars the only downside is that one turned out to be Sales Promo. if they are advertised as such then that is surely the best way, which seems to be the case with the next one from Rimmer’s Music on Christmas ideas from the Korg family.

There have been 18 Webinars to date of which only the last one was a sales promo, so it is hardly excessive and it means that there are now 17 hours of instructional content available to view when ever a Korg PA owner or potential owner needs help. So rather than belittling the Webinars all Korg owners would surely be better served supporting them and the Korg Staff who go out of their way to provide a level of Customer Service that other manufacturers fail to meet.

Anyone who does not agree with thread content is entitled to their opinion, what does devalue this Forum is when they make comments intended to degrade or demean the opinion or advice of others just to make a point or to show off their technical skills.

It is not as though this Forum and the PA sections in particular have large numbers of threads started and comments made therefore is it not better to have positive and respectful dialogue between Korg owners on any music related subject matter than to have none?

My mantra to others is simple, I treat them how I expect to be treated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: