Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Footswitch for PA1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptine610

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Footswitch for PA1000 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Universal Latching Footswitch connected to the assignable pedal input on the back of the PA1000. I use it to change the Variations (1-4.) In order to work effectively, I have to depress the button with my foot 2x in rapid succession. It seems to be a hit and miss proposition, as sometimes it jumps two Variations instead of just one. Perhaps it's something that I just need to perfect with my foot in terms of rapid timing, however it would be much easier if it would work with just one simple press. Is there a better alternative? The footswitch was about $25, and if it's a matter of spending more for improved reliability and ease, it would be money well spent. Thank you for listening..
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Footswitch for PA1000 Reply with quote

ptine610 wrote:
I have a Universal Latching Footswitch connected to the assignable pedal input on the back of the PA1000...

Your problem comes from the word in bold.
Footswitch has to be Not Latching.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: momentary Reply with quote

A Momentary switch remains in its “on” state only as long as it is being compressed. ... A latching switch needs to be pressed once for ON and again for OFF, for example a light switch. Once the lights are on, the switch can be left until they need to be turned off.

did you try you sustain pedal ,,it work for me
and it works for both .
ptine610

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duby 2,

A light switch only needs to be pressed (or toggled) one time to turn either on or off. My footswitch requires two rapid presses which apparently need to be perfectly timed. If I wait too long, it won't react at all, while sometimes it jumps two variations. If a sustain pedal does the trick, I am certainly open to trying it. Thanks for the suggestion.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:32 am    Post subject: try it Reply with quote

ptine610

try it ,,
it cost nothing ..
and I hope it works for you ...

if i may ask
were do you live ,,, usa or some were eles...
B.Safe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ptine610 wrote:
Duby 2,

A light switch only needs to be pressed (or toggled) one time to turn either on or off. My footswitch requires two rapid presses which apparently need to be perfectly timed. If I wait too long, it won't react at all, while sometimes it jumps two variations. If a sustain pedal does the trick, I am certainly open to trying it. Thanks for the suggestion.
This is precisely the difference between a light switch and a sustain pedal.
In keyboards, to change a variation for instance, only the rising edge of the electrical signal is used. In a light switch, the first press creates the rising edge of the signal (ON) and the second press creates the falling edge (OFF). That's why you have to press twice. In a sustain pedal, the rising edge is sent when you press and the falling edge when you release the pedal.
ptine610

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Footswitch Reply with quote

Thanks to all with your suggestions - I certainly learned something about the electronics from B. Safe's response. There are sustain pedals ranging from $20 - $60. Unless anyone has a specific recommendation on brand or type, I'll likely spend on the higher end which presumably is better made. Thanks again...
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: footswitch Reply with quote

Bluetooth pedals are a good option but may need extra hardware. I am currently using one.

Last edited by Keymn on Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:09 am; edited 6 times in total
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yamaha foot switch (about $20) should do the trick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: