Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looks Like Someone Trying To Sell Rubens Piano Set ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Looks Like Someone Trying To Sell Rubens Piano Set ? Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/a-iNMNGaBKg
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right about that! He has now taken down the video.
The free download link is still available here http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113029
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a loser! He hasn’t taken it down though. He simply changed the status from public to private?

How did you even notice this video?

NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he's obviously trying to make a profit from something that was originally a gift.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a preview on YouTube, I thought hey someone's releasing some new sounds, but as soon as he said what sounds there were Alarm bells started ringing, this sounds just like Rubens piano set.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
But he's obviously trying to make a profit from something that was originally a gift.

He probably does this with other free soundsets as well.

Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online piracy is alive and well, it seems. Shameful behaviour, but little can be done other than exposing the guy for the fraud that he is. I'm not even sure how you do that.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: bad boy or girl Reply with quote

if you take someones epaino set or paino set or what ever set and just change ( ADSR ) in the sounds just a number or digit up one or down one .. you can call it a new sound... and it's your ... so he could say it his ,,,

but it does not make it right ,,

he might have take ,, Reuben set and just change one thing and now it new ... so it would be different than Reuben..

again not right...Shameful behaviour...

I think it happen all the time ....

this is how he or she justify it ... one digit at a time...
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: bad boy or girl Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
if you take someones epaino set or paino set or what ever set and just change ( ADSR ) in the sounds just a number or digit up one or down one .. you can call it a new sound... and it's your ... so he could say it his ,,,

but it does not make it right ,,

he might have take ,, Reuben set and just change one thing and now it new ... so it would be different than Reuben..

again not right...Shameful behaviour...

I think it happen all the time ....

this is how he or she justify it ... one digit at a time...

That could not be any further from the truth. That's not how music production/copyright laws work at all. You're not even close in reference to the Salamander Pianos. That's 100% illegal!

Sound sets that are based on internal samples are different. That's a longer discussion.

duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

is salamander pianos samples copy right …
it sound like you know more about this then me ...
tell us more ,, so we all can learn,,,

i sure salamander pianos is 100% legal ... but to stop someone to just rename thing and say it my new samples..

show how dumb i am Embarassed
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
is salamander pianos samples copy right …

Yes it is. It's protected under Creative Common Copyright licensing laws, which means none of us get to make illegal profit out of someone else's hard work who has provided the content for free! Changing one digit ADSR parameters doesn't grant anybody ownership of any type.

duby2 wrote:
it sound like you know more about this then me ...

It's safe to assume I know a thing or two about the subject matter. Part of my job deals with that sort of thing on daily basis but none of this really matters.

Shandera

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I invite all of us to click the YouTube complaint button. This should remove. The channel must be blocked.
Ron

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Rueben --- I assume it is at least frustrating to see someone trying to blatantly profit from your work. This should not happen but it's nothing new and it won't be going away anytime soon.

Perhaps this is a good opportunity to thank you once again for sharing your work with those of us that are less willing and able to create our own sounds. I have been enjoying your pianos for some time and truly appreciate the effort that you put into creating these sets. Don't let the bad guys get you down!

And while I'm at it, thanks to the many others that have provided sounds, styles, help, etc. on what I believe is one of the better forums around.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your comments and support.
I've never really considered that I own them anyway. The Salamander Grand is just an amazing gift from Alexander HolmFeel who did the sampling and graciously offered it to the world in sfz format. Antony Sharmman from the forums helped me convert it to Korg format and gave me some great advice so it really was a combined effort.
I'm still amazed that even today if I visit a music store with the latest offerings from the top brands its hard to find one that sounds better. As someone from a piano forum said "the stars must have been aligned just right when Alexander sampled that Yamaha C5".

{For those interested in the technical aspects read on:
Every sample was manually edited to remove latency. All samples were normalised and looped using software. Of the 16 layers of samples, sample layers 1,4, 7, 10, 13, 16 were chosen. Korgs factory resonances, pedal effects and key-off sounds were included. Extra pedal-down sympathetic resonances including octaves and 5ths were added and key-off fades adjusted across the keyboard. Filtering, amp levels, note-shifting, equalization and Amp EG was used to create tone variations. The ability to be able to do these things is a real credit to the designers of the Korg Pa operating sytem}
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used them a lot, Specially on the bigges gig for 24000 people, So THANK YOU !

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: