Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos + M3 + Radias + Trinity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shobley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Kronos + M3 + Radias + Trinity Reply with quote

I've been tinkering with connecting up the 4 Korg synths I own, with a view to playing "live", either with Karma or the sequencer providing backing.

I was thinking about having MIDI 1-5 Kronos, 6-10 M3, then the remainder going to Trinity, Radias and some Roland single patch keyboards.

Does this seem like a good idea, or is there a better configuration? I ideally the Kronos is the workhorse, and the other hardware is for lead lines, and twiddly bits.

Can the number of MIDI ports be expanded on the Kronos? it would be nice to have more than just 16 channels to use. I would really like to avoid using a laptop as well, but it may just be inevitable. Maybe Ableton or Bitwig?

Does anyone else have a live configuration they are happy with? The less hardware the better really.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos + M3 + Radias + Trinity Reply with quote

shobley wrote:
I've been tinkering with connecting up the 4 Korg synths I own, with a view to playing "live", either with Karma or the sequencer providing backing.

I was thinking about having MIDI 1-5 Kronos, 6-10 M3, then the remainder going to Trinity, Radias and some Roland single patch keyboards.

Does this seem like a good idea, or is there a better configuration? I ideally the Kronos is the workhorse, and the other hardware is for lead lines, and twiddly bits.

Can the number of MIDI ports be expanded on the Kronos? it would be nice to have more than just 16 channels to use. I would really like to avoid using a laptop as well, but it may just be inevitable. Maybe Ableton or Bitwig?

Does anyone else have a live configuration they are happy with? The less hardware the better really.

hard to say. You didn't state the key version of your Kronos.

You mention playing 'live'

Is this for a gig with a band or a 1 man band ?

or home studio ?
shobley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the second time I forgot to post the key count - 88.

This is nothing more than a garage band, just me, and my daughter singing. Amusing ourselves. Maybe a guitarist from time to time.

Steve
----------------------------------------------------------
Kronos 88, M3, Trinity, Radias, Wavestation
JUNO 106, JUNO 60
Laserharp, Theremin
----------------------------------------------------------
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could add your Kronos model, gear list to your sig/profile

essentially, you are looking to be a 1 man band, which is close to what I do.

I take a minimalist approach. Not much of a gear collector. Some like to surround themselves with a battery of many keyboards but I am not inclined or as nostalgic.

Thus, I would run Kronos in SEQ mode, load most of your tracks there. A 2nd board can be free form, etc, since that 2nd board will mitigate polyphony issues.

From there, I recommend an audio interface . And run keyboard #2 in to your Kronos audio in. Midi your Kronos to your 2nd board.

Your Kronos acts as a mixer. Cleaner to use it IMO.

Kronos SEQ works great for me. Kronos is an excellent keyboard master controller.

IOW, use the tools and routing
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to do multiple keyboards I recommended a MIDI patchbay. That would open up some options ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: