Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Early 90's synth bell sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flout

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject: Early 90's synth bell sound Reply with quote

This synth bell sound at seconds :07 & :08 from this 1990 song Bad of the Heart / George Lamond has always called my attention because it sounds so powerful. I've trying to find out what keyboard they used but I just can't figured it to out. I went over all presets of the Roland D50 was wells as ROM Cards 00 and 04. I went over all the presets of the Korg M1 and it is also not there. Maybe is on one of the M1 ROM Cards or the other D50 Rom Cards but I really don't think so. Could it be the wavestation ? Can anyone guess ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2s4qsyr7aA

Last edited by Flout on Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very reminiscent of sounds from the D50 the particular bell type patch your referencing sounds very similar in tone to the Staccato Heaven patch in the D50.

They could have been modified Presets,but I would put money on it that they came from a D50 from my past use/Experience/Owning of those synths those sounds are typical D50 timbres,anyone with extensive use of the D50 would instantly hear that type of sound common to the D50.

The stab sound that comes in at 0.06 sounds similar like a modified Digital Native preset patch From D50 also.
Flout

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
They are very reminiscent of sounds from the D50 the particular bell type patch your referencing sounds very similar in tone to the Staccato Heaven patch in the D50.

They could have been modified Presets,but I would put money on it that they came from a D50 from my past use/Experience/Owning of those synths those sounds are typical D50 timbres,anyone with extensive use of the D50 would instantly hear that type of sound common to the D50.

The stab sound that comes in at 0.06 sounds similar like a modified Digital Native preset patch From D50 also.

Not the staccato Heaven patch on the beginning which it is in fact the D50, but the bell sound at seconds :07 & :08
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: