Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x Drawbar Section
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/hammondb3xipad/
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/hammondb3xipad/

Thanks for the link, that looks awesome.

£110 here in the UK
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my money this is better,

I have had this on the road for the last 6 months running on my Macbook pro and with the optional hardware Drawbar controller that you can add which provides real time control of ALL tactile features of the control surface.

Finally using this with my Pa4x is providing a more complete organ experience and is what the Pa4x organ section should have been, this also knocks the Kronos CX3 into a cocked hat and then some, It amazes me that the guys at Korg, Yamaha or Roland cant replicate the Tonewheel organ as yet. Having tried to open a dialogue with Korg about the Drawbar Section and not getting anywhere I got bored so started looking elsewhere and as a Hammond Player and Hammond Owner this serves well when the need for the real thing is not possible or required.

Make you own minds up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayzYJmK9zkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY02tEXXpj4

https://flic.kr/p/2i2CdMc[/img]
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooohhhhhhh - THAT'S NICE!!!!

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: do it Reply with quote

what a 5 gig download and korg can not do this ... Question
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 GB download?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for any one still look around for an alternative to the PA4X Drawbars... to include with the many suggestions and options out there.... https://youtu.be/ANbTGc4f2Rg
https://youtu.be/qd_a_Hpiz0E
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh!!! Gotta look into that more!!!

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I would be stunned if Yamaha does not include the technology of it's YC61 in future arrangers, albeit in a slightly watered down format. That said, the general tone of the flutes, percussion and the leslie sim would be enough to transform the organ section on a Genos successor.
I hate to say it, but Yamaha seem to have edged ahead of Korg in this respect.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What astounds me is that Nord have no small footprint B3 module, only a legacy rack mount Electro2 no longer in production. That the market leader ignores a segment that other manufacturers leap in to fill is puzzling.

Take only the Hammond engine out of an Electro6, pack it in a small footprint Hammond XMC-2 type form, you’d have a winner winner, chicken dinner!
Rockitman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Nord Electro 5D Reply with quote

I use a Nord Electro5D (61 key) as my 2nd tier Keyboard. I have an older PA800 on the bottom. The Nord makes up for the Digital Drawbars of the PA800, and also has better Pianos than the PA800. I wished to update to the PA4X, to carry just one keyboard, but after reading this I will wait for now. Thanks for the valuable posting. I bought the Nord used, and got a good deal. It is very nice for some sampled instruments as well for solo's.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned in a previous post that I use a Viscount Legend Live with my PA4X because I find the organ drawbars on the PA4X lacking.
I have put a link to the Viscount to show how the drawbars perform with the leslie sim. It's a four minute video, but the first minute should be enough to get my point across. You can get the identical sound with the Viscount Legend drawbar expander for around £500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPpa5PKpauQ

If you do listen to any of the video, imagine a PA5X with drawbars and a leslie sim that sound like that !!
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, can you name a product that Korg already make that nails the B3 as well as a Nord, or Viscount? To my ears, the CX-3 doesn’t (at least, not without a real Leslie or a Ventilator), the Kronos doesn’t, anything I’ve missed?

This is all Korg have... and if they can’t nail it even in their TOTL sim, what are the odds they’ll put anything better in an arranger? Generally, arrangers get the trickledown from older TOTL products, they seldom lead. So until Korg make a kick ass B3 sim, odds are close to zero it gets put in a PA5x.

Personally, I’m interested to see what Yamaha do with their new B3 sim, and whether that sim model gets rolled into the next Genos. That might become the go to arranger for the hardcore Hammond lover...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: