Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No new Workstation @ namm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost everyone discusses/requests specs and features, controls, and functions.

Thats half the equation. I am more interested in high level Korg sound development. They made Kronos/Oasys sing.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

No, Behringer have a different approach. They have almost no dependency on third party suppliers because they do have the ability to manufacture everything in house. They even pulp their own paper for speakers.

Behringer is geared towards being a hardware manufacture from the ground up, that’s why they are so competitive on price. Most of their costs are all under their own roof, and not twith hird party suppliers.

I wonder if you are misinterpreting their marketing copy. I've read it, but I see nothing in this that would indicate "almost no dependency on third-party suppliers." They talk about some specific components that "they" make specifically for their products, but of course things like metal frames (one of the parts mentioned) are almost always custom made! They have their own factories, but so do most other large-ish companies. Just a perspective.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some rumors about a Kronos X2

2 x 76 keybeds and a bigger screen..

Might be called the KORGan..
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add another and we could have Korg Trikron.
hans1966

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bachus, that sounds good or it could also be a Pa-Kronos, a workstation complete with the sound engines of the original kronos + the Pa4x arrangements section with a 10-inch screen that contains information and moving images of instruments emblematic and famous artists, as well as tips and tricks from important sound engineers for better use and performance of the new flagship. Cheers

I choose the Peace of God!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan.
It’s possible. I have in the past watched the factory tour video’s on YouTube of Behringer City as they call it. There’s quite a few video’s. It certainly gave the impression that they do vast amounts of work on site that’s far beyond normal assembly.

Kind regards
Sharp
billysynth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like we are aren’t satisfied with Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Kurz...maybe the software vst giants should develop a work station solution to run their software.

I’d love to see Arturia collection, pigments 2, team up with pianoteq , and 8Dio and manufacture a super hybrid Workstation with significant knob, button, slider controls, 10” touch screen in 88 and 76 key versions. Premium quality build with premium price.

Without the superior control surface it’s useless!! Upgradable path also for internals-drives/ram etc and obvious software upgrades. Give it a 10 year path...Kronos has been a 10yr path nothing much has happened. The software manufacturers would make plenty happen in that 10 yr path I’m sure of it. The depth of the Moog One software should be included in this product.

For that price it should have the quality of a Moog One...Moog are moving these synths without problem irrespective of the price.

I can feel if you give a superior Moog control surface on a work station it will sell.

Regards
Billy
afr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On gearslutz the forumer D2ba wrote:

Korg have at least 3 really good high end products to unveil very shortly in next week or so.
What I can say it will be the best and most exciting stuff they have ever done in the past 10 years

Unfortunately I don't know the reliability of the source, I follow the forum randomly
Narioso

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the thinking behind MatrixBrute - true matrix crossmodulations that is very easy to manage - each source to 16 destinations with unique amount.

Exploring - that is the key.
- what happends if.....

So a poly synth with those abilities and patch saves - knobs for everything. Mono synths does not do it for me, as I discovered.

So hoping for a synth as well....Prologue on crossmod steroids....
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afr wrote:

Korg have at least 3 really good high end products to unveil very shortly in next week or so.
What I can say it will be the best and most exciting stuff they have ever done in the past 10 years

Unfortunately I don't know the reliability of the source, I follow the forum randomly

ask him to define ' high end ' is ?

$500 ? $1000 ?
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg has already posted teasers for two synths. The first looks like it could be a Prologue level synth and the second sure looks like it will be the 2600.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
afr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
Korg has already posted teasers for two synths. The first looks like it could be a Prologue level synth and the second sure looks like it will be the 2600.

Busch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B63ecVkBFa5/?igshid=xi1jh1j6n1mz
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lest anyone should think this is a teaser for a workstation, it was posted on the ARP FB page, so the 2600.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:

Busch.

This doesn’t sound exciting to me..

afr wrote:

So my money is on the 3rd product..
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‘Best and most exciting stuff in the past 10 years’...so, one analog reissue, one (possibly) analog/digital hybrid newcomer, and maybe one digital newcomer?
It makes me wonder if perhaps a workstation could be around the corner, the current KRONOS being 9 years old, plus there was a recent KORG microkast about KORG workstations, coincidence?
The PA4 also is due for a replacement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: