Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding instruments to lower (chordal) part of the clavier
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: lower (chordal) part of the clavier Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Fransman wrote:
.. You can create a user sound that consists of several sound samples (oscillators) and use that one (combined sound) as your lower sound. I think that's the easiest way to do it. Would be great if somebody (Korg?) would create a tutorial on the sound edit functions of the PA's....

Thank you Fransman,

maybe Pa3x-AdvancedEdit (download manuals from Korg) will help for someone interesting in sound-editing.

I know how to combine sounds with some oscillators respresenting different instruments. Also each single sound often use some oscillators, but not to build separate instruments with them, but addings sample characteristic for that single sound, to equip it as true to the original as possible. Combi sounds saved as a single sound compromises because the playback parameters apply to characteristics of different musical elements.

Therefore most factory sounds also can be used as second voice for Left hand without to be prepared extensively with sound editing.

takis46 wrote:
.. lower clavier? (PA-1000). On screen, we can select 3 instruments for the melody side and only one for the chordal side, marked as "lower". I usually play bass there, but I would like to add a second one i.e a Kalimba, so I can play bass+kalimba with the left hand...

I prefer using well known standard features for a solution playing left hand with two sounds und right hand with two sounds, with simply setting three parameters, saving them in a kbdSet and using the keyboard to play - maybe in an unusual way.

The three parameters Split, TopKey and BottomKey are set as follows:
Split = value G9, TopKey of Upper1,2 = value F9, Bottom Key of Upper1,2 = value C4, TopKey of Upper3 = value B3.

Save that setting in an KbdSet your keyboard acts like a functional area of keys for Left Hand, but also you can use using Upper-Voices with areas defined with individual keyranges as you want.

With that setting keyrange of Lower is the full keyboard. To limit its TopKey to same keyrange as Upper3, only one parameter (TopKey) of that sound oscillators for lower is to set to same value as Upper3. In that case that is value B3 (or B4 if using lower with +1 Oktave), before saving that sound as user-sound for Lower.

As Pa-Keyboard with that settings acts like made for Left Hand, you can mute/play Lower sound with Split=off/on (same with Ensemble-Voices).
Upper sounds can be selected as usual (with its volumes, effects, mix parameters etc).

There are certainly many different solutions - but to complete a setting like this with a pa keyboard within three minutes it is done. That's why for me it is a simple and most efficient solution for OP, without creating special two-in-one-combinations with sound edit. I like to use two independently controllable and usable for each single sounds ready for use for left hand (Lower + Upper3) and right hand (Upper2 + Upper1).

Biggles wrote:
... you go again giving an opinion that means nothing....

You do not understand what I am talking about. If you are incapable of discussion at least let it be to comment stupid, non-factual.
Your posting is mull - unusable, contains no questing and no answers, and nothing that has to do with the matter, it's just insulting.

Biggles wrote:
...a Genos would suit you better than a Pa....

I did not ask you for that - also I wouldn't ask a brainless one like you.
Please unload your non-factual s**t somewhere else.

Biggles wrote:
... past webinars are available to view....

Combining some oscillators is an old hat - done with Pa-keyboards since more than ten years and was not reinvented in a webinar.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
takis46

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you all for your kind suggestions.
It 's been enlightening reading your comments, although in the case of sound editing oscilators, it was a bit hard to follow.. Forgive my ignorance, please remember I am a pianist, not an engineer.
However, I printed out everything since, in my life experience, the easy way is not always the best one.
I wouldn't mind losing one instrument from the melody side, in favor of an extra one to the chordal side. Anyway, I scarcely use more than 2 for melody, mostly piano (+strings).
I wish you all a happy new year/decade, and please keep in mind that your guidance is very useful to us all Korg musicians.
So keep on helping us!
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On layering sounds via oscillators you need to check if any effects are assigned to the first sound. For example if you want to layer strings on to a guitar sound you will need to see if the oscillators used by the guitar sound has any effects which could make your string oscillators sound wrong.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: LH 2 sounds + RH 2 sounds Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
Ive been experementing with layering sounds in oscilators on my Pa700 got some quite nice results. As was mentioned in the previous posts sometimes there is more than one way of achieving the same result, but its whatever suits you the end user. ..

If you layer or split two or more sounds to different oscillators of one program, you may get incredibly rich, fat sounds, however, this also seriously reduces available polyphony.
Sounds layered with oscillators does not include its own effect settings (type of effect), routings, assign-modes, sound-controllers, midi-channel etc.

Separate sounds you can assign to separate Parts, separate Midi-Channels, separate routings, separate sound-parameters, separate assign-modes, separate sound-controller etc - that can not be done with combi-voices generated within 24 oscillators within one program (pcg-file).

To realize entire orchestrations with a single program (pcg) is similar to use multitimbral synths, but takes a little more understanding to be created.
Ready-to- play sounds as you can find them in soundbanks of Pa-Keyboards really is much easier to be used for left hand with Upper3, key-ranged to same range as Lower.
If you don't like that special settings for split key and key ranges, playing with specially created combi voices is just as appealing.

NativeAngels wrote:
.. The copying of oscilators is just the tip of the iceberg as there are some many perameters that you can edit (As with korg arrangers) to achieve results. It might ben an idea for members to share there creations and thus creating more content for our arrangers...

Combining some oscillators is done with Pa-keyboards since more than ten years, but nothing that was reinvented with recent models.

Also copying of oscillators always was done for diverse elements of a specific sound in order to take into account its individual sound components from different samples. In the simplest case, copying was used to to duplicate the envelopes for similar sound components.

So far, many users deals and have already dealt with this, but there were almost no combi-voices on the www to be suitable for "to add more (separate and concise) instruments to the lower clavier? (PA-1000)".

If soundengine of Pa-Keyboards is used with Substractive synthesis of SAW, SQUARE, SINE, TRIANGLE sample for oscillators - maybe to create EDM dance sounds or sounds like "Qui Robinez Melliflous" - that really requires much more effort as to quickly set key-split and keyranges for LH-sounds and RH-sounds or to create combi-sounds. That take many hours to get sounds that one wants approximately, because to modify oscillators samples like a synth engine takes a lot of time for each program.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=115488&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=41

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: