Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa4x vs pa1000Or MG : Max Samples?????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DELLRACHIDO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa4x vs pa1000Or MG : Max Samples????? Reply with quote

Helo

Music gear in lebanon announced that the new Pa1000 MG will have a RAM of 400MB instead of 300MB.
they officially announced in their forums that the new Pa1000MG contains 26,870 samples.

here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqE8Wk9UjNw

Is it reliable data, knowing that with a RAM of 400MB we can never put 26,870 samples in it.
If we assume that this information is true, is it normal that the prestigious Pa4x has a RAM of 1.5GB with only a maximum acapcity of 15048 samples and the Pa1000MG of second degree can support up to 26870?

I do not understand the reasoning of the company Korg for the Pa series in terms of distribution of the number of sample that can support the RAM of Pa.
Note that Pa4X users can never reach 1.5 GB with the limit of 15048 samples.

Is there in the future an update of the pa4X OS to increase the number of samples?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there in the future an update of the pa4X OS to increase the number of samples?

We have no idea about Korg's plans for the future.
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
kleant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm saying from some time this its really a deal breaker in terms of using freely the 1.5Gb hopefully korg will indeed release an update and increase the sample slots which I personally think it can be achieved but sadly there are some voices here who think this limit is good idea which is a shame really but anyway everyone it's entitled to its opinion.

If the Mg edition have as you say nearly double sample slots then it's really an Os update that can unlock and increase the sample slots.  Really hoping on this. Smile
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

who knows

are the main mother boards the same in both keyboards pa4 and pa1000,,, and it just the software ( OS ) that difference ..

the output board a not the same ..
DELLRACHIDO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with this modification of the number of samples supported by Pa1000 OrMg, its Os has become more interesting than the Pa4x OS since it offers users a larger number of samples than the Pa4x.
that's why, we wonder why korg does not increase the number of samples on the Pa4x to exploit 1.5GB.
currently on my Pa4x, I have reached the limit of samples with 550MB. a friend, reached the limit of samples with 610MB.
we wonder, what is the purpose of 1.5GB of Ram that we cannot use?
Bill1983

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Pa4x vs pa1000Or MG : Max Samples????? Reply with quote

DELLRACHIDO wrote:
Helo

Music gear in lebanon announced that the new Pa1000 MG will have a RAM of 400MB instead of 300MB.
they officially announced in their forums that the new Pa1000MG contains 26,870 samples.

here is the link:

Is it reliable data, knowing that with a RAM of 400MB we can never put 26,870 samples in it.
If we assume that this information is true, is it normal that the prestigious Pa4x has a RAM of 1.5GB with only a maximum acapcity of 15048 samples and the Pa1000MG of second degree can support up to 26870?

I do not understand the reasoning of the company Korg for the Pa series in terms of distribution of the number of sample that can support the RAM of Pa.

First understand that regardless of the OS, many sounds are based off ROM Samples. 2nd, the processor is 32 bit architecture and will never support more than 4 gigabytes of RAM. V3 allows the user 3 gigabytes in compressed mode so 1 gigabyte is allocated to the OS. Without new architecture (processor and supporting hardware) this is a hard limit.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is written "26,870 samples" ???
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Pa4x vs pa1000Or MG : Max Samples????? Reply with quote

Bill1983 wrote:
DELLRACHIDO wrote:
Helo

here is the link:

First understand that regardless of the OS, many sounds are based off ROM Samples. 2nd, the processor is 32 bit architecture and will never support more than 4 gigabytes of RAM. V3 allows the user 3 gigabytes in compressed mode so 1 gigabyte is allocated to the OS. Without new architecture (processor and supporting hardware) this is a hard limit.

The pa4x has only 1Gb hardware ram.
128mb for the system, 400mb for factory (5Gb+ library in direct disk streaming mode) , 300mb user (up to 3Gb samples using direct streaming from disk) and the rest for effects and localized samples.
So it has nothing to do with 32/64bit systems.
The address space is 3/4 empty as only 1Gb is present.
I don't remember the max ram the specific cpu used can utilize but it doesn't matter in my opinion...
I think they should increase the max samples to at least 32k which i believe is possible with a simple variable type change (from int to unsigned int as you can't have negative samples loaded lol)

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
DELLRACHIDO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

The 26,870 samples at the level of the new Pa1000MG with 400MB of Ram instead of 300 and 6.5GB of ROM are announced by the Music Gear company based in Lebanon. they announced their information via their technical manager JACK SERYANI in their forum on telegram and faceboock. For the new korg see their website on the internet.

This proves that the company KORG can increase the number of samples on the Pa4x to allow us to exploit the RAM of 1.5 GB.
DELLRACHIDO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebuzer52 wrote:
where is written "26,870 samples" ???

The 26,870 samples at the level of the new Pa1000MG with 400MB of Ram instead of 300 and 6.5GB of ROM are announced by the Music Gear company based in Lebanon. they announced their information via their technical manager JACK SERYANI in their forum on telegram and faceboock. For the new korg see their website on the internet.

This proves that the company KORG can increase the number of samples on the Pa4x to allow us to exploit the RAM of 1.5 GB.
DELLRACHIDO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Pa4x vs pa1000Or MG : Max Samples????? Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
Bill1983 wrote:
DELLRACHIDO wrote:
Helo

here is the link:

The pa4x has only 1Gb hardware ram.
128mb for the system, 400mb for factory (5Gb+ library in direct disk streaming mode) , 300mb user (up to 3Gb samples using direct streaming from disk) and the rest for effects and localized samples.
So it has nothing to do with 32/64bit systems.
The address space is 3/4 empty as only 1Gb is present.
I don't remember the max ram the specific cpu used can utilize but it doesn't matter in my opinion...
I think they should increase the max samples to at least 32k which i believe is possible with a simple variable type change (from int to unsigned int as you can't have negative samples loaded lol)

indeed, it is a question of will at korg to increase the number of samplers on the Pa4x. normally, it should have made this increase in the number of samples with the release of the NEXT version in April 2019.

The fact that the music gear company in leban has increased the capacities of the Pa1000 (which remains a range lower than the pa4x) is proof that the Korg company can develop the pa4x software in order to allow us 1.5 GB of RAM.

We are still waiting for an update of the software for pa4x in order to increase the number of samples to reach at least 32,000 samples.
DELLRACHIDO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Pa4x vs pa1000Or MG : Max Samples????? Reply with quote

Hello

According to your analysis, the overall size of the Pa4x ROM has more than 7 Gb:
system: 128 mb
data protect: 300 mb
data user: 1.5 Gb
factory & library: 5 Gb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: