Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving Keyboard set locations in a song

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rudders

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Saving Keyboard set locations in a song Reply with quote

I am aware you can save 4 keyboard sets with a song. I often need up to 8 changes in a song. Is it possible when loading a song to direct it to a keyboard set in the library. Any advice on how I can achieve what I need.
Thanks in advance
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No and Yes as far as I know that is.

You have what you have when you save your Customised Style to be a Songbook entry along with the preferred keyboard sets etc.

One way to make more sounds available with minimal pressing is to create your own banks of favourite keyboard sets in a page of the user banks.

You can then easily switch to them during your playing of the song in question.

I hope this link will work for you

https://www.crowdcast.io/e/special-webinar-with?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=profile_web&utm_campaign=profile

It is to a Korg webinar where the guest shows how he uses this method during his pro playing gigs.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have up to 8 sounds by splitting your 4 STS's as follows.
Assign STS 1 to say "Piano/EP" so Piano is in Upper 1 unmuted and EP is in Upper 2 muted. So STS 1 plays piano. To change to EP simply press the two buttons Upper 1 and Upper 2 at the same time (two fingers together).
Do this for all 4 STS's and you have 8 sounds within easy reach.
24newpark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Saving Keyboard set locations in a song Reply with quote

This is how I do it, ( not the best method )
Save the song to Songbook ( Mary 1 ) this will have your first 4 keyboard settings. Now save the same song as Mary 2 with 4 other keyboard settings ( making sure that Mary 2 will not start with an Intro ). In your set list have Mary 1 & Mary 2 together, while playing when you change from Mary 1 to Mary 2 it should be seamless ( if set at the same variation ) This works for me ( even different styles if set at the same Tempo. )
SeanieS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: