Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB, Logic and failure to startup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelJK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject: USB, Logic and failure to startup Reply with quote

I have my Kronos X-88 connected to my Mac Pro (trash can) through USB. I am running Kronos OS 3.1.2. I have two issues (which seem always to have been an issue going back to Kronos OS 3.0). About one in three times, my Kronos will freeze in starting up if the Mac is running (this doesn't seem to happen when my Mac is turned off). Second, every time I launch Logic Pro X (and I mean every time), Logic does not recognize midi connections to my Kronos (even though it shows up in the Audio/Midi utility. Also, this does not seem to be a problem when using other programs in standalone mode, like Reason or Native Instrument apps. The remedy is simple, but annoying, I unplug the usb cable from the Kronos, and plug it back in and then Logic recognizes the midi connection to the Kronos. and I worry about the long-term impact on my Kronos USB port of having to frequently unplug and plug in my Kronos USB cable.
Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most USB class MIDI controllers suffer stuck notes, when connected to Kronos.
And my Arturia KeyLab MK2 and Waldorf Blofeld keyboard work PERFECTLY when connected to my Mac Pro, does not matter who’s first powered.

Conclusion ?

Kronos USB HUB is probably made in “North Pole”

Regarding your issue, Kronos acknowledge this, and recommend to reconnect USB cable.
You have to live with it. Start Mac Pro first, and then Kronos. Make it a RULE.
I would even advise you, to get 3rd party audio interface ( Thunderbold )

I don't understand why your Kronos freezes, while Mac Pro is powered.
It never happen to me, nor I heard ever.
Probably the answer lies in a model of your Kronos - X
I have Kronos 2 ( purchased in 2018 )
IAA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you installed the korg midi driver? If so try uninstalling it. Worked for me.
MichaelJK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Still having issues... Reply with quote

I have now tried to startup my Kronos both before and after my Mac is running. It happens either way. It always seems to stop when the red line is about an inch (or maybe a little less) from the start (on the left end). I have never had to restart it more than once, though. But it seems to be happening with increased frequency.
Poseidon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No good news.
If it only happens when MacPro is connected, try the following:

1. If your MacPro runs macOS Catalina (10.15 )

- uninstall Korg drivers ( https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/1/285/3856/ )

- restart MacPro, and do NOT install any drivers. Default Apple drivers will be used instead.

2. Check your USB socket and USB cable.

If something is really screwed up , MacPro usually restarts automatically.
For testing purposes, do not use cable longer than 3m.

3. Make clean installation of macOS on an external drive. Because Apple T2 Security Chip has been introduced in 2019, you should be able to do it on your 2013 MacPro, and reboot without need of Startup Security Utility.

If above steps do not solve your problems, there is definitely something wrong with your Kronos.
MichaelJK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uninstalled Midi Driver. Seems to have worked. Thanks for that tip!

I may have figured out the issue with the startup failing. I turned off all KSC autoloads and then restarted. Three times, no problem. Then checked "autoload" box only for Preload KSC (Korg original content only). Did that three times, no issues. So, I think the problem has something to do with one or more of the several KSC autoloads I had previously selected (from KAPro, Irish Acts, Kid Nepro, and Qui Robinez). Not sure which one is the issue, but am hoping this is the issue, and not a hardware problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: