Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My new Kronos 2 is making high volume and sustain effects
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KronosEnthusiastXT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: My new Kronos 2 is making high volume and sustain effects Reply with quote

Hi, I recently added 2 free sound libraries from the Korg sound library website and after that I’m experiencing odd problems with my sounds, some sounds from the factory and newly added ones have like a high volume noise in the background and turning the master volume knob down and up doesn’t help. Some sounds are really low volume and sound like they have sustain effect on them. It didn’t happen before I added the extra sound libraries.

I’ve tried editing the sounds but still they work unus/ual. Have I done something wrong and messed up the factory sounds
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried removing the sound library that you just loaded? The factory settings are stored internally so that part of the reset should be simple. You mentioned that you have a new Kronos, how long have you had it? Have you created custom programs or combis? If you have, hopefully you have a clean backup file so you can go back in time and return your Kronos to normal.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you have kept your license/auth code #'s fot the free Korg sample libs.

You might mention what the Sample libraries are. [ not the auth code].

Those noise problems sound midi related. What other midi devices are plugged into Kronos ?

If none,
save a new PCG file on DISK

If you are 99% sure , the free sample Libs are the root cause, reload the Factory PCG from DISK.

See if that removed the problems.
KronosEnthusiastXT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e: I just removed the two sound libraries but it seems like they still exists on the last few banks unless I’m wrong?
I had the Kronos since last Thursday and have been learning how to use it everyday for few hours. I haven’t created any programs or combis yet.

I haven’t got a backup of the factory sounds as i don’t know how to save them. However, I have the disks it came with to reload the sounds but need to buy an external disk drive. This is the last option which I don’t want to do yet...there should be another way to fix this...
KronosEnthusiastXT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC: On the Korg sound libraries shop there is 2 free ones you can download, one is the Triton sounds and another is KRS-06 Bonus Organ Bank.
I just wanted to learn and try adding these libraries before I invest on the KAPro sounds. I haven’t connected any midi device...only using headphones and a keyboard amp.

I can try reloading the factory pcg...
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your purchase. The very first thing I would recommend to you is watching all of the Kronos videos that are available; I think Korg made six of them. Here is a link to part 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Xkfi58w6Y Once on YouTube you’ll find the others too.

Most of us have watched the videos many times because the Kronos is not something you’ll become an expert at in a short time. I’m 5 years in and I’m still learning things, LOTS OF THINGS!!

If I were you I wouldn’t worry about adding library’s right now. As Greg suggests, hold on to your authorization codes so once you’ve got a handle on this beast you can re-load them.
I tried finding the video link on how to re-set your Kronos to the factory fresh mode. The one I had saved has been removed and is no longer available to view. I’ll try to find another one for you. Hang in there, the forum is a great place to get help.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KronosEnthusiastXT wrote:
GregC: On the Korg sound libraries shop there is 2 free ones you can download, one is the Triton sounds and another is KRS-06 Bonus Organ Bank.
I just wanted to learn and try adding these libraries before I invest on the KAPro sounds. I haven’t connected any midi device...only using headphones and a keyboard amp.

I can try reloading the factory pcg...

BOT and the KRS-06 are flawless Korg programs. I would bet they are not the
problem.

it sounds like pedals and CC assignments. In Combis, possibly use of midi filter

Tell us about your pedals. And assignments in global/pedals.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instructions for restoring the system and factory sounds can be found starting on page 1156 of the parameter guide. If you decide to do that, proceed with caution.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to load the factory preload from the SSD in disk Mode. A factory reset should not be necessary. If you could post a video somewhere with the issues you are experiencing it would help with troubleshooting. If you are new to Korg workstations a trip to the Quick Start & Operations Guide would be highly advisable.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
You should be able to load the factory preload from the SSD in disk Mode. A factory reset should not be necessary. If you could post a video somewhere with the issues you are experiencing it would help with troubleshooting. If you are new to Korg workstations a trip to the Quick Start & Operations Guide would be highly advisable.

Yes, I totally agree, loading from the SSD would be the first step. Also, since you've only had the Kronos for a week, can you get help from where you bought it?
KronosEnthusiastXT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e: I will give this a try and let you know whether the problem is solved or not. Where I bought it from the the advisers weren’t clued up on the Kronos so it was down to me to play around with it and figure things out. They had the Kronos LS 73 keys on display which I tried before buying but I bought the Kronos 2 61 key version...
KronosEnthusiastXT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC: I’m only using a sustain pedal from Korg and it doesn’t give me any problem. The assignments in global setting are all correct. What I’m mainly experiencing is some sounds are really low volume and I have to adjust the pan level each time to the right or left to hear better. I don’t know what happened but this isn’t normal. All sounds on the Kronos should have a standard tone level.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KronosEnthusiastXT wrote:
All sounds on the Kronos should have a standard tone level.

But they don't. Some program instruments will be louder than others. Some programs have stereo imaging/panning and some do not.

Before startup, keep the 8 dials at the 12:00 position.

If you are in Combi mode, and some programs have certain balance problems, or soft volume, go to the midi filer tab.

And its not enough to edit sounds. You have to 'write' or save your edited Programs. Recommend you write your edited Program in an empty User Bank.

It might be a good idea, to tell us more detail, like what program or what Combi is not sounding 'correct'.

If you have sustain issues , you might be over flowing on midi, give your Korg sustain pedal a solid tap.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you using to listen to your Kronos? I can site an example where I had volume and what appeared to be FX issue. I had a pair of in ear monitors that had shorted out. Not an open, but a short. Don't know if it was the left or right channel or both. But the symptoms were a dramatic reduction in volume and what sounded like the signal was at 100% reverb. Not sure what you mean by "sustain". Some people might refer to a lot of reverb as sustain. In the synth world sustain has its own meaning. That being said, a piano doesn't have a sustain pedal. It has a damper pedal. Bottom line- an audio or video clip of your symptoms would go a long way in assisting you.
KronosEnthusiastXT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnfigg: I’m using 3 pole jack headphones plugged into 3.5mm stereo extension with a stereo big jack plugged into the headphone connection of the Kronos. I do have a keyboard amp but not with me at the moment (parent’s house). When they bring the amp I need to know what cable to buy. Is it mono or stereo??

I’m using pioneer monitor speakers they both have phono cable split into 3.5mm stereo adapter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: