Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Monologue USB question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonneyBuck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Korg Monologue USB question Reply with quote

So I've had a Monologue for a few months. I'm new to synths in general. I've just got the right USB lead so I can hook it up to my PC. Could you tell me what I can get out of this connection? The manual doesn't provide any detail. Is it so I can save settings when I run out of space on my user made sequences?

Secondly, if I update the Monologue with the latest firmware update, am I gonna lose all my settings?

Any help would be super appreciated.
synthpeter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Monologue USB question Reply with quote

JonneyBuck wrote:
So I've had a Monologue for a few months. I'm new to synths in general. I've just got the right USB lead so I can hook it up to my PC. Could you tell me what I can get out of this connection? The manual doesn't provide any detail. Is it so I can save settings when I run out of space on my user made sequences?

Correct, you can save/load programs using the Sound Librarian tool. It can be downloaded from the Korg website. The USB can also be used to send/receive MIDI.

JonneyBuck wrote:

Secondly, if I update the Monologue with the latest firmware update, am I gonna lose all my settings?

No. You will not loose your programs. Also your settings will be retained, but as the firmware update will add some MIDI options, you may need to adapt those.

One thing to be aware though, is that if you do update to firmware 2.0, you also loose a feature, although there are some work-arounds: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119667
JonneyBuck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great, thanks synthpeter. So if I wanted to record from my synth straight onto a music program like Ableton, I would need a midi controller to do that?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A MIDI interface is not strictly required, since the USB interface inside the Monolgue will allow the transfer of MIDI data, from Ableton to the Monologue, and from the Monologue to Ableton. MIDI only carries data relating to e.g. note on, note off, velocity, pitch bend, modulation, expression, andthe like. Audio data are not transferred over MIDI. To record the Monologue's audio output into Ableton, as audio clips, an audio interface will be required. This could be the Line In on the computer, or an external USB to Audio interface, connected via USB to the computer, with the Audio Outs from the Monologue connected to the Audio Ins on the interface, or the computer Line In.

JonneyBuck

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the info voip.

I've noticed since my update that I still don't have a numerical value on the display for any adjustments I make except for Pitch.

When I look at demos/reviews online seems like plenty of users get a value for changes to the LFO rate etc., am I doing something wrong?

I checked what version I have on start up and its v2.00
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Parameter Disp setting in Global may have been set to "Normal". Setting it to "All" should give the desired behaviour.

JonneyBuck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that was the problem. Thanks again voip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: