Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User Oscillators not saved in Librarian?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
43and33

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: User Oscillators not saved in Librarian? Reply with quote

I might be missing something super simple here, but does anyone else have the same experience that when you 'Save As' in the Librarian it only actually saves the Program data, and NOT the User data (user Osc, user FX etc.)? Is there actually any way in the librarian to save the content of the user oscillators?

For various reason I had to do a factory reset on my Prologue, only to realise that the backups I have been religiously making in the librarian don't save any of the user oscillator info... now have a bunch of programs with user oscillators 'empty'. Dang it.
Narioso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly you are right, thanks for noticing.

I made a screendump and saved on desktop to remember which osc were where.

I took a chance and renamed a savefile to xml type - but no go, it seems to be some proprietary format.

Maybe sysex dumps are option to use. Seems sysex is documented more.
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The librarian isn't the smartest tool in the shed. It should definitely save the User Osc & FX configs, especially since the presets/patches are dependent upon the user oscillators being loaded in the same slot as when they were saved. If you change the slot order your presets get mangled. I found this out the hard way back in 2018. Good Times!
MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unlikely korg would support anyway of user retrieval of oscillators or effects from the instrument. It's too much like reading PAL or FPGA programming - can't do it if the vendor doesn't want you to - which is all of them. It would be interesting for debug purposes or tagging binaries with owner infos.

But, yeah, it's annoying to have to maintain a list of oscillator assignments to presets once you have more than 16 user oscillators. I have more than, much more than 16 favorites out of the 30+ available in the 'market', and that's before I look into my own. So until I settle on 16, if ever, I'll have to keeps lists for the synth.

If there was a back link to the oscillator slots contents, rather than the slot number, that would be way better. Still for a first attempt, this is not that bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: