Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sync Volca Drum & Ableton

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eightytwo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject: Sync Volca Drum & Ableton Reply with quote

First post here, cheers everyone!

I'm really tempted to get the Volca Drum, however I've got a noob question before actually pulling that trigger. I've Googled & Youtubed this but haven't found a clear & simple answer so I'm asking here.

I know it's perfectly possible to have the Volca synced with Ableton, running along nicely with Live's sequencer. So simply put, having some things going on in Ableton and having the Volca doing sequences/sounds on top. The audio is of course not an issue, but I wonder about the midi part. This would probably be easiest with an audio interface that also has midi connections I'm guessing, however my audio interface (UA Apollo Twin MKII) doesn't have that.

What would be the easiest way to achieve this? Would I need to get an extra midi usb interface? For what it's worth I do have a midi usb keyboard (Roland A49) hooked up that has a midi out connection. It probably wouldn't work having the Volca midi in into the keyboard midi out, right?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: