Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Modular LPG as Attenuator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Volca Modular LPG as Attenuator Reply with quote

I'm interested in the Volca Modular but I found limited a single attenuator.
I know I should be able to use the Low Pass Gate as attenuator with a suttle change of the modulation I would like a confirmation from the Volca Modular users.
If you can post audio/video will be awesome.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
tpugsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

That's an interesting thought. I've tried, with little success, but I may not be doing it right...

I took an output from the Woggle into the Split, then out of the Split to the Pitch input on the oscillator. That gives the typical random notes as the sequencer runs. Then I moved the in/out wires from the Split to the (Audio) In and output of the 2nd LPG. The notes went back to their normal sequenced tones. I turned the knob of the LPG: no change. I fed the output of the Utility into the LPG control and adjusted the Utility gain (which defeats your purpose). THAT did change the sound slightly: the tones were the same (not random), but there was a 'pluck' at the start of each note.

If that's not clear (I'll try to include a pic), let me know. Or if there's a better way to test it.

(Evidently I can't copy/paste a pic? Do I have to have it hosted somewhere else? Haven't used this forum much yet.)

[/img]
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpugsley wrote:
Hi,

That's an interesting thought. I've tried, with little success, but I may not be doing it right...

I took an output from the Woggle into the Split, then out of the Split to the Pitch input on the oscillator. That gives the typical random notes as the sequencer runs. Then I moved the in/out wires from the Split to the (Audio) In and output of the 2nd LPG. The notes went back to their normal sequenced tones. I turned the knob of the LPG: no change. I fed the output of the Utility into the LPG control and adjusted the Utility gain (which defeats your purpose). THAT did change the sound slightly: the tones were the same (not random), but there was a 'pluck' at the start of each note.

If that's not clear (I'll try to include a pic), let me know. Or if there's a better way to test it.

(Evidently I can't copy/paste a pic? Do I have to have it hosted somewhere else? Haven't used this forum much yet.)

[/img]

Thank you so much mate. You can might send an image by pribatr message. It seem you did everything right. You could try to loop the second function generator take the out to the LPG out to pitch or whatever and see how it behave by adjusting the LPG knob.

Thanks again I truly appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: