Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New XE20SP - DIGITAL PIANO ENSEMBLE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hans1966

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: New XE20SP - DIGITAL PIANO ENSEMBLE Reply with quote

it seems that this new piano is a derivation of the EK-50, because it is on the same line of entertainment keyboards

https://www.korg.com/us/products/digitalpianos/xe20sp/

I choose the Peace of God!
hans1966

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems that this new piano has not aroused so much enthusiasm for what I see Wink

alexmu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New XE20SP - DIGITAL PIANO ENSEMBLE Reply with quote

hans1966 wrote:
it seems that this new piano is a derivation of the EK-50, because it is on the same line of entertainment keyboards

https://www.korg.com/us/products/digitalpianos/xe20sp/

How does the NH (Natural Weighted Hammer Action) keyboard on this piano compare with the RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3) keyboard used on the Kronos, LP-380, D1 and others?
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange that there are no marketing or demo videos of this XE20. No performance videos anywhere on YouTube. It's available for presale, but has anyone actually played it or heard it yet?
Backpool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me Korg are doing the same as they did with the EK50 .....'very little'
well up to now!

This VERY easy OS is SUPER ....and they have a great basic product here for the 'plug and play' user....IMHO.....and it's much us-sung!

I would like to see some official Korg dems. on it, Then EK50 owners might just get something out of it, as it shares an identical control panel with the same sounds and styles.

We have had NOTHING for the EK since launch . well apart from a couple of system up-dates.

Keith
hans1966

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have Reason, it would be great to see some Demos on YouTube

bpoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg uploaded this NAMM 2020 video, but still no performance demos yet. https://youtu.be/uwN1WwwE7_Q
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt this a step down from his predecessor the Havian 30?
hans1966

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know what Korg intends to do. But so far I only see a setback in some products, maybe I am making a mistake, or it is surely preparing us for something big and totally different. Only Korg knows. regards.

Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Isnt this a step down from his predecessor the Havian 30?

I am not sure that the XE20 WAS the replacement for the Havian 30.

The XE20 looks like a cool unit, and certainly one that I would be interested in for live performance (albeit with a USB host device so I can control my 5-pin stage gear).

If this unit were the replacement for the Havian 30, I would expect a touch screen AND a joystick.

I have a good friend who got a Havian 30 on closeout pricing of $1000 new. She loves it. I programmed different sounds and keyboard sets for her on it when she used it live. I was impressed with it as well, but since I already had the Pa700, did not want to step down to one myself.

Without trying to contradict myself, I do like the XE20 AND the I3. I could totally see me using the I3 on stage controlling my other gear I use in the bands I play in. I could see me using the XE20 in a live situation too, if only for the piano sounds...

It is too bad that Korg does not come out with something like the PA588. Maybe they could base it on the Pa700 and call it the Pa788. I think that many people would buy it - I know I would REALLY be interested in something like that.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: