Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Normhart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject: Bluetooth problem Reply with quote

Does anyone from Korg actually visit these forums? I can’t seem to get a clear answer to a problem I’m having with my Korg MicroKey Air and Mac. Here’s the setup:

Mac Mini 2018 (no Catalina yet, last version of Mojave)
Korg MicroKey Air 61

The MicroKey appears in the Bluetooth device list on the Mac along with a Seaboard Block.

I power on the Seaboard, it becomes available for connection
I power on the MicroKey, -nothing, It remains grayed-out

The MicroKey has no problem with my iPad Pro -everything works normally.

I’ve tried deleting the .plist file on the Mac as per one suggestion I got somewhere. All this did was remove it from the Mac Bluetooth list. BLE MIDI app still has it there.

Another suggestion was to reinstall BLE but all I get when I try this is the same BLE keeps downloading and I don’t know how to get a ‘new’ download.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is not a portal to Korg's Customer Service department. It is run by Irish Acts, independently of Korg, although it is, apparently, hosted on Korg USA servers. The recommendation is to contact your local Korg representative directly, on matters such as these.

There is always the hope that a forum member has encountered and solved a similar issue, but no guarantee. 100,000 plus forum members, and not all active, means we can still be spread rather thinly across certain combinations of hardware and software.
Normhart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted Korg support and they did reply. I was just hoping that I would get some alternative suggestions from users that had the same problem and resolved it. The Korg support was more or less the general procedure (re-download the software etc). I have done this but although it had an effect (the ‘MicroKey Air 61’ line is no longer grayed-out), I still get lost connections and very intermittent performance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: