Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arpeggiator pattern settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Val

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Arpeggiator pattern settings Reply with quote

When I first turn on my TE, the arpeggiator pattern settings are always (A)U466 Dr-Djembalia and (B) U284(m) Dr-Electrobeat. How can I have the pattern default to the pattern I want when I first power up? I have tried to rewrite a new setting from both prog/combi mode and from global mode and also using the write/rec button, as stated in the manual, but when I power up, it always goes back to those settings. I will also point out that I have "auto-arpeggiator" permanently unchecked in Global, since I am morbidly afraid of it accidently going off in live performance! What am I missing or doing wrong here? Think
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should not be happening under normal circumstances.
There is probably something you failed to mention.

The Write function will write to internal memory provided Memory Protect is not selected
for Arpeggio User Pattern.

"auto-arpeggiator" has no bearing on being able to save user changes, so it's Ok to have it On or Off.

Question What Combination is it?
Question What do you have hooked up to your Triton?
Val

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. Well I sat down with it today and I think I have it figured out. I went and checked "auto-arpeggiator" in global and then went to my combi, M002 Arp Factory, and lo and behold, my chosen settings appeared. Evidently checking auto-arpeggiator does have something to do with those settings being called up. Otherwise they just power up on the one setting and stay there no matter what combi you are in.
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you're right.
I learned something new today.

With the box unchecked, the Arp. patterns of the next combi will take on the
patterns of the previous combi.

With the boxed checked, the Combi uses the default patterns or the ones the user chooses. Wink
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is really goofy. Someone at Korg must have misunderstood what was intended when this was implemented.

I thought my Triton Ex was having memory glitches. Preset Combi splits that used to have a nice backing rhythm track now sounded like part of the Psycho soundtrack. The arpeggios seemed to have been scrambled / randomized.

Turns out it was because I had changed Global settings for Auto Arpeggiator to OFF, thinking this was simply to ensure the Arpeggiator state was off by default when you first select a program or combi (same thinking as the OP). But nooooo, with it off it doesn't load the arps assigned to that program or combi at all. If you copy a program/combi to another location, the original arp assignments are lost in the copy, even if you change Auto Arpeggiator back to ON. Weird! Bottom line - keep the Global settings for Auto Arpeggiator ON.

Perhaps Korg will fix this in a future Triton Ex OS update... V1.0.7 Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: