Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues Saving modified GM SMF!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoshi88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject: Issues Saving modified GM SMF! Reply with quote

The majority of the time I use KORG TRITON EXTREME's programs and combis with slight modification. I also sequence frequently to develop the work.
I have some cool GM files that I have been working on that were not written on the KORG. Modifying & saving them on the KORG does present challenge.
I have imported some GM midi files and wanted to IMPORT & play them in the Extreme.
The files are GM SMF. When they are imported b not all of the track sound addresses match up correctly when the Sequencer is set up to GM initialize.

The Tracks are spelled Drums, bass, piano, flute, vibes etc.

One all the tracks are tweaked they play correctly and beautifully.... ONCE!
Once done , and the song ends, everything resets with recently edited track programs forgotten. YEs, the programs return to their initial settings.

How can I import & modify these GM / SMF and have them play in the KORG's Sequencer to always remember the changes so they are saved permanently?

Within the TRITON EXTREME's palette of sound choices here are better sound programs: basses, pianos, percussion,woodwinds etc. that can be substituted in the tracks.

Very frustrating.

All I want to do is modify the programs within the sequence and also modify the sequence and save the work either as a SNG or a SMF.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Would saving modified SMF as sngs preserve the changes to the track programs?

Would saving modified SMF as SMF preserve the changes to track settings?
If so on Triton EX, save as SMF file 0 or 1 ?

Are there KORG Master track secrets to unravel here?
Triton PRO X 88
Trinity V3 61
O1WFD 61
T3 61
M1 61
03R
yoshi88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Problem Solved Reply with quote

[u]
LOading a GM SMF midi file into the sequencer worked when re addressing the program sounds to GM standard on all 16 tracks.

However, saving changed the changed sound prog was challenging.

Solution was SEQ - Menu - Event edit -

There in the event edit screen one can permanently modify the running script of the MIDI file. Looking for program parameter, I edited the program to for the tracks being edited.

The programs remained edited. This allowed the midi file to be edited and finally saved as a SNG file.

TRITON's rich collection of programs are superior to the GM standard.
OLDER GM standard midi files can now be modified and enhanced using the EVENT EDITOR!!!
Triton PRO X 88
Trinity V3 61
O1WFD 61
T3 61
M1 61
03R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: