Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos - Nanopad2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew1971

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Kronos - Nanopad2 Reply with quote

Hi So following on from by thread about virtual pads and the helpful replies, i have just become the owner of nanpad2 (arrived about an hour ago)

So plugged and play and all seems fine.

However, how do I get it to toggle between on and off. The aim here is to have background drone whilst I play piano?

Again thanks for any replies

Cheers

Matthew
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I do it is to assign a sound to one of the pads that is programmed to "hold". This is done on a program or combination level in the Kronos. I also assign the Vector Joystick to control the volume of the drone sound so I can turn it down or off when needed.

I understand the Nano pad can be set to toggle but I haven't used it that way. There is an editor you can download for customizing the pads on the Nano.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg KONTROL Editor, downloadable from the Korg website, can be used to set up the nanoPAD2 top row of pads to "Toggle" pad behaviour.

However, it is possible to go one stage further than this. The Kronos chord pads can be set to respond to MIDI or CC# messages, which is done in the Kronos Global menus, Controllers/Scales tab, MIDI CC# Assign - Vector Joystick / PADS section and e.g. assigning the extremely low notes C-1 to G-1 to chord pads 1 to 8. Then, using the Korg KONTROL Editor to configure the nanoPAD2, leave the top row of nanoPAD2 pads as they are i.e. momentary, and set the lower row of nanoPAD2 pads 1-8 to the above note range (C-1 to G-1) and pad behaviour to "Toggle". Write the scene data to the nanoPAD2 controller.

Now, when connected to the Kronos, the nanoPAD2 top row of pads will play the pads momentarily, whilst the bottom row will play them in toggle (drone) mode, so you get the best of both worlds.

The actual notes set to the nanoPAD2 top row doesn't matter, because "magic" happens in the Kronos when the nanoPAD2 is connected, and the top row of pads are automatically mapped, no matter what their note assignments are.

Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tip, voip!
robbie50

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The Korg KONTROL Editor, downloadable from the Korg website, can be used to set up the nanoPAD2 top row of pads to "Toggle" pad behaviour.

However, it is possible to go one stage further than this. The Kronos chord pads can be set to respond to MIDI or CC# messages, which is done in the Kronos Global menus, Controllers/Scales tab, MIDI CC# Assign - Vector Joystick / PADS section and e.g. assigning the extremely low notes C-1 to G-1 to chord pads 1 to 8. Then, using the Korg KONTROL Editor to configure the nanoPAD2, leave the top row of nanoPAD2 pads as they are i.e. momentary, and set the lower row of nanoPAD2 pads 1-8 to the above note range (C-1 to G-1) and pad behaviour to "Toggle". Write the scene data to the nanoPAD2 controller.

Now, when connected to the Kronos, the nanoPAD2 top row of pads will play the pads momentarily, whilst the bottom row will play them in toggle (drone) mode, so you get the best of both worlds.

The actual notes set to the nanoPAD2 top row doesn't matter, because "magic" happens in the Kronos when the nanoPAD2 is connected, and the top row of pads are automatically mapped, no matter what their note assignments are.

Smile Great!
But, can you send me the "file" where've you put this?
Then I can load it into my NANOpad....

Thanks,

Rob
Cool
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only takes a couple of minutes to set up on the nanoPAD2.

The nanoPAD2 settings file is here. Only Scene 1 needs to be sent to the nanoPAD2:

https://app.box.com/s/nxvekryin66rtqwhi3b3oe4vuprtgucl

The corresponding notes will also need to be set in the Kronos Global settings, as described above. Don't forget to Write the Global settings for this to work the next time the Kronos is powered up.
robbie50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
It only takes a couple of minutes to set up on the nanoPAD2.

The nanoPAD2 settings file is here. Only Scene 1 needs to be sent to the nanoPAD2:

https://app.box.com/s/nxvekryin66rtqwhi3b3oe4vuprtgucl

The corresponding notes will also need to be set in the Kronos Global settings, as described above. Don't forget to Write the Global settings for this to work the next time the Kronos is powered up.

GREAT!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks, I'll try it on my N-Pad...Idea

THANKS! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: