Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WinX64 1909 updtr 1.0.3a / library SOLVED beta failed me too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramonromero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject: WinX64 1909 updtr 1.0.3a / library SOLVED beta failed me too Reply with quote

So I have both the 1.0.3 a updater and 1.0.1 librarian installed and working but even the latest release DID NOT WORK for me, I had to really hack this one hard, and it took me quite a while to crack it, but finally the sweet taste of victory and alas, ahhhh yes there once was a man from alas.... and when stormy weather...

[img] https://imgur.com/TYjebsS [/img]

There's some proof, b/c you may consider my methods the deep end, but I will list everything I did to make it work.... on the beloved 1909 build

What I installed from Korg, version wize:

usb midi driver (tools) DrvTools(115_r35e).exe
Korg wavestate Sound Librarian 1.0.1 Installer.exe
updater 1.0.3a

What I used that wasnt from Korg was a RNDIS - but a 64 bit version - I'm pretty sure what was being installed was 32 bit version of RNDIS but dont quote me on that, I did a LOT of things trying to fix this and somethings are hazy now...

But Korg's version of RNDIS, it wouldn't work for me... it kept showing up as "Other Devices" and broken... when Iused the more up to date version of the driver, it actually registers as a USB - Ethernet composite device. The creator of the driver is ACER computer company , I did some research and found it, I installed it and its working perfectly for me,

2 screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j92cwhhynij6jdc/bam.png?dl=0

and.. a few moments later....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymlsstqi8pol3th/AABX2bq1GkeBT2ldEQzIibSTa?dl=0

and another, with useful info...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8f3m5ioitt0tdor/redarrow.png?dl=0

I believe more than anything this and removing the garbage from the previous install were key for my system. Make sure you check the option to only remove the korg drivers, you'll be safe cleaning that way when you use the uninstall utility... here's a screen shot

read what i wrote on the screen shot, it just basically gives the detail on replacing the broken version of RNDIS that korg was installing..

Ok, and I also did everyone a solid and put the acer drivers up on my drop box for easy access... and dont worry, I'm not a jerk, these files are safe, and you know who I am so I"m just doing something unusual these days, being nice.... here's the link .... its on my personal drop box account.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymlsstqi8pol3th/AABX2bq1GkeBT2ldEQzIibSTa?dl=0

For those mistrustin souls out there, for no reason, i'm telling you here's a link to the web site where I got them....

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOBILES/Others/ACER-USB-Ethernet-RNDIS-Driver-1112900-64-bit.shtml#download

I hope this helps... it took eme a LOOOOOOONG time to whip this one.....
RR
i9900k@5ghz, 3600 DDR4, Thunderbolt 3, Apollo x8, Korg wavestate, Matrix Brute, Virus TI2, Hydrasynth, Tegeler Audio, Schwerkraft , RaumZeit, Creme, EQP-1, Konnektor, Tube Summing, too many plugins to name, I love to talk shop, I'm super friendly, I'm a software engineer - need a hand? Shoot me a question.
Veeter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, tried this, and I still couldn't get it to work. I'm curious about a few things...

You uninstalled the korg midi driver, but that wasn't something you'd install for Wavestate, to begin with, that's for some of their other synths. Did you end up reinstalling that, too? Considering you uninstalled it, completely, I'm assuming I don't need to install that?

Did you uninstall the librarian and the updater, too, and then reinstall that?

I'm wondering, I saw an AMD64 folder in your dropbox... is your cpu an AMD? Because mine's an Intel, and if that's the case, that might be why it's not working.
ramonromero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to jump onto an online meeting with you, I'm pretty sure I can get you running, .... let me answer your questions... firstly, the specs of my rig are in the signature of my post... I wont repeat it b/c you can just look down and see that I'm running an inlet as well. A lot of drivers for intel chips come with the AMD somewhere in the name, it doesn't really matter b/c we are all dealing with a RISC instruction set and that is what matters. I have a few questions for you ... like did you run the uninstall and find garbage? did you try and reinstall the midi driver ? ... you know it's sitting in the folder that they install too.... that folder is c:\program files(x86)\Korg\... you can see two .inf files in there, to me it looks like two sets of drivers... one that is 64 bit and one that is not.... but I only briefly looked, ... I DID install those.... but I did it manually if my memory servers me correctly.

I uninstalled the librarian and the updater numerous times... and I mean numerous...

Did you download all of the files, put them into a directory and replace a malfunctioning RNDIS driver in device manager? What does your device manager look like at this point? I would have to know this.. but in all sincerity for as much time as I spent on this I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that I could get your system up and running, I'll PM you and maybe we can meet, I have gotomeeting and I can share screen, video audio... so if you wanna do that , let me know, i'll send you my email address..... I've been a professional developer for over 20 years... so you'd be in good hands.
i9900k@5ghz, 3600 DDR4, Thunderbolt 3, Apollo x8, Korg wavestate, Matrix Brute, Virus TI2, Hydrasynth, Tegeler Audio, Schwerkraft , RaumZeit, Creme, EQP-1, Konnektor, Tube Summing, too many plugins to name, I love to talk shop, I'm super friendly, I'm a software engineer - need a hand? Shoot me a question.
Veeter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pm'd you.
Veeter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your questions, I never uninstalled that MIDI driver (to find garbage), because I hadn't installed it in the first place, when I'd gone and looked for it, it didn't list wavestate as one of the synths it was for.

yes, I put all of your files in one folder, and when you said "replace malfunctioning driver", did you mean go to the RNDIS and do 'update driver' again and point to the Acer? Because that's what I did. As to what my device manager looked like, it had the Acer driver under network adapters, and I couldn't find the Wavestate in anything.

I'm still going to be up for a bit, I did PM you with my email if you want to do the meeting tonight or sometime tomorrow, I'm available, all day. I will try installing the midi driver this time, and go through the whole process again. Thanks for your help.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: WinX64 1909 updtr 1.0.3a / library SOLVED beta failed me Reply with quote

ramonromero wrote:
What I installed from Korg, version wize:

usb midi driver (tools) DrvTools(115_r35e).exe

This is not required, and not used.

ramonromero wrote:
But Korg's version of RNDIS, it wouldn't work for me...

This is very confusing to me, since we do not install RNDIS on Windows. It's a Microsoft driver.

I'm glad it's working for you now!

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonromero wrote:
A lot of drivers for intel chips come with the AMD somewhere in the name, it doesn't really matter b/c we are all dealing with a RISC instruction set and that is what matters.
I've been a professional developer for over 20 years... so you'd be in good hands.

Are you saying that Intel x86 CPUs use RISC instruction sets?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Veeter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't been able to resolve my problem. It's definitely on my particular machine, as I was able to borrow a recently new laptop, just to check, and got it to work with no problems. I obviously have some driver conflict going on, I am hoping to hear back from Sweetwater tech support, soon.
Narioso

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonromero wrote:
A lot of drivers for intel chips come with the AMD somewhere in the name, it doesn't really matter b/c we are all dealing with a RISC instruction set and that is what matters.

AMD64 is what they finally decided on for 64-bit OS, and just happended to be what AMD suggested. Keep integers and longs 32-bit and only extend 64-bit on pointerns and handles.

So they kept name AMD to differentiate to IA64 technology. All compiling of 64-bit are referring to AMD-something named folders in Visual Studio for header and lib files.

RISC - reduced instruction set in not what x86 or x64 processors use.
ramonromero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RISC - yes I was typing to fast and not focusing, completely and totally - although I should have because the forum fact checkers will let no good deed or intent of good deed go unpunished, I meant to type CISC, and in my haste had a slip... I dont know who you are but you must be somebody with reason not to be embarrassed.

Also, RNDIS may not have been installed by you but it was only present in my device manager when I installed the the Korg software... so maybe a dll with a deep dependency or whatever - loaded it I dont know but the steps I documented here were what were required to get my system up and running .... other than that I was just trying to help.... f'me.
ramonromero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to be ultra clear ... The current Intel processors have a highly advanced micro-op generator and an intricate hardware to execute complex instructions in a single cycle – a powerful CISC-RISC combination.
Veeter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have anything to say about the techspeak here, but I do want to point out that ramonromero spent close to three hours the other night trying to help me, a person he does not know, only for us to come to the conclusion that the problem lies somewhere on my own machine.

Stay kind, everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: