Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Wavestate Hard Reset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graysond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Korg Wavestate Hard Reset Reply with quote

HOW DO I DO A HARD RESET ON THE KORG WAVESTATE??

Hi, I just recently bought the wavestate, and I was a little freaked out from the beginning when opened up the box because instead of getting a manual for the wavestate, i received a manual for the Hydrasynth.

So when i finally plugged in my synth i opened up some youtube tutorials and noticed that when i try replicate what they are doing by turning the knobs or switching different views of the seq lanes, theirs work and mine do not..

I can't tell if its just broken or if there is a lock setting im not seeing. please help!

Thank you!!
Narioso

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you bought it second hand then.
I don't know of a total reset.

Here is resources for everything, manuals and updater software, librarian etc.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/840/

I would go into Utility button menu and look that previous owner did not change a couple of things shift +/- Page jump menus.

- Set List - you can see if more than one - just turn Value knob at display to see - this tells what is on the various buttons to select performance.
Since you can save any number of these with mapped performances to 4 banks of 16 buttons is good to have in place.

You cannot overwrite original performances or presets at all, but with shift write you can create a new one - possibly with the same name, I have not checked this, but always given a new name to things.

- that memory protect is to be off - it is by default
this still means that factory presets are protected though.

- that knob mode is default Scale - and if changed to Jump might be very different result from tutorials how knobs respond.

- there is also version to check if latest 1.03 or 1.03A

There is a Wavestate forum further down - put your further questions there maybe once you sort this out.

Overall how display show things depends often on a sequence of things.
Pressing a Lane button once might show you the same page on another lane, but press again show the initital page on a lane.

And already at steps of a lane(on the 16 buttons row) turning macro knobs might not jump to show changing values.

Working on steps does not move lite buttons according to steps played either. But pressing Lane button you are on and you get moving lit buttons as a sequence progress.

But download manual and have fun. It's really worth diving into.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: