Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master/Save for Minilogue XD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Master/Save for Minilogue XD Reply with quote

So, I bought a Minilogue XD and I am pleased with it. I bought the keyboard version of it and have downloaded some patches and made some of my own for it. It sounds good.

My question is about the Master/Slave settings when hooking this unit up to another Minilogue (either the keyboard version or module).

If I were to buy the Minilogue XD Module, the obvious purpose would be to expand the 4 voice poly to 8 for the system. When using the keyboarded version as the Master and the module as the Slave, do the programs change accordingly that I am selecting on the Master? If so, then, is it assumed that the module (Slave) simply becomes an extension of the Master and will basically act as another 4 voices for the Master?

I am bit confused in that because if it is not a true Slave unit, then there are double button pushes/program encoder spins to the corresponding programs that I want to play from the Master unit AND the Slave unit.

I have another question as well...

If I were to put a MIDI Thru box (2 port or 4 port) in the middle of the Master/Slave connections, could I effectively run 2 or more modules in Slave mode from the Master unit? If this were to be possible, then theoretically, I should be able to hook up 4 modules (provided I had a 4 port MIDI Thru box) to the Master unit and get a 20-voice machine...

I welcome your responses.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems as though my first query was answered by researching videos on YT. BoBeats addresses the Master/Slave topic in one of his videos. The Master/Slave designation basically turns the second unit (the one in the Slave mode) into an extension of the Master unit.

My second query is still open though. I wonder how the Master/Slave operation would work if you put a MIDI Thru box in the mix between the Master and Slave unit(s)?

Any ideas?

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: