Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate and Kronos sequencer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afr

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Wavestate and Kronos sequencer Reply with quote

Hi everyone

finally I received my wavestate, is a beast!

I will spend a couple of days browsing the sounds and trying to learn this beautiful Synth

Next step will be to use it with my Kronos

I'm a "old school" person, I use massively the on board sequencer of Kronos and I'm very happy

I would like to use wavestate performance into Kronos sequencer and save the program change within the song

I know that every performance in the wavestate can play 1,2,3 or 4 programs together

So what I have to do to assigne a specific performance into the sequencer?

Thx for your help
Narioso

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set Lists contain 64 references to performances.
You can make as many set lists as you want - but one is active at a time.
Was it on utility menu you did that.
I made a copy of original to have it untouched.

Then program change number 0-63 select which one in the active list.

Then it's about whether you want separate access to each part - or played like you do on keyboard, non-split. So midi channel setup basically.

Each Layer has Use Global Midi channel - on/off.
When off you set individually which one.

Done.
afr

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thank you for the quick response

So, I a performance uses 4 programs, on the Kronos I have to set 4 external sources on each of the 4 tracks of the sequencer

I need to practice a lot, I hope is not that difficult
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can redirect a sequencer track in Kronos to midi out at a channel - there is nothing more to it.

One midi channel in Wavestate can run a full performance, 4 parts, or just any combination of the parts - each performance in Wavestate as it is set up.

Each program layer in Wavestate can have either a single multi sample, meaning just playable sound as is - combined with filters and synth stuff like envelopes and things. This means sounds die out and no sequencing is going on.

Or the layer can consist of a wavesequence with that synth stuff on top. This means full wave sequencing is going on.

And Performance any combination of these layers.

So one midi channel can run 4 layers on Wavestate, or just layer A and C combined, or any combination as that performance is set up.

As you look through performances you see that just a few of layers are lit as active on some - meaning only those are sounding. double tapping layer button toggle those. As a start I started using those unlit layers as they are unused, and just add stuff to those. Free spot to experiment.

But as first pages on a Performance setting are keyboard ranges for each layer - that can be split stuff going on as well. So one midi channel feeding can make certain keys play some layers and not others - or overlap as you please.
afr

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: