Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI Programming Help - Connect two keyboards?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuratE

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: MIDI Programming Help - Connect two keyboards? Reply with quote

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me please? I would like to connect two keyboards using MIDI cables (no computer involved). I would like my Yamaha Genos to control the Korg Pa3x76. Some of the things I would like to do is:

- When I transpose in Genos the Korg should transpose automatically.
- I'd like to be able to play any part of sounds on either keyboard or both.
- I'd like to be able to play a style from either keyboard (but only pressing the keys on the Genos, as the controller keyboard)

I bought 2no MIDI cables but I really don't know how to set it up, I don't know anything about MIDI programming.

I tried to search online and youtube, but I couldn't find anything specific to help me.

Would you be able to suggest a website where I can read and learn, or is it something easy to setup?

Thank you

Murat Smile
vagro

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MuratE. I don't know if you already managed to make your setup. In case you didn't I can say it is possible to do it via Midi. The only thing you can't do is transposing the Korg automatically. Anyway you need to read both User Manuals to fully understand it, there's no other way around it. You have to acces the Midi table in each keyboard (in Yamaha there are several tabs: System, transmit, receive, etc) You have multiple ways to make it and you can also save many Midi setups for different purposes in each instrument. I don't own a Genos but a PSR s970 and I suppose all Yamaha arrangers are similar.
First of all connect Genos midi out cable to Pa3x midi in
1-In Genos (your controller) go to Midi . In SYSTEM tab set Midi clock SEND. In TRANSMIT tab set to off every part except for the one you want to control de Korg, ie RIGHT 1 and set the midi channel to transmit ie Port 1 (it is channel 1). To send the Chords to play Korgs styles set LOWER part to Port 4 .
2-In the Pa3x go to Global-Menu buttons, the on the screen MIDI, Setup Tab and set clock source External Midi. In Tab Midi In Control, Chord 1 select number 4 (channel 4, to receive chord detection) In Tab Midi In, set every chanel to off except for channel 1 where you can select the part to be controlled ie Upper 1. In Tab Filters you can choose whatever you want to be ignored in Midi In as wellas Midi out. If you want to control the three Upper parts in Korg you have to set you Genos to send every part to each of the Korg upper parts.

I hope it was useful, i'm sorry, English is not my mother tongue. You can contact me if you need more help. I have a quite complex Midi setup among all my keyboards without using a computer. Korg drums a fantastic and Psrs are very cheese. Pa3x is an excellent controller, in my case it controls everyhing and simualtaneously the Psr )midi slave) triggers the Korg's drums.
MuratE

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Vagro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: