Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg stopped working after MIDI connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HappyRacket

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject: Microkorg stopped working after MIDI connection Reply with quote

Hello,
I have had my microkorg for over 5 plus years now and have never had any issues with it until today when I connected another Midi device to its input.

The Korg started flashing two lights on the number selector, and between either the write or shift buttons.

I unplugged the Midi connection and the Korg completely stopped working. Now all that happens when I turn it on is the two Audio in lights flash and then stop. There is also no lights on the LED screen or other buttons.

I have had a quick read and think it may be something to do with the power blowing something but I have tried batteries and have had no previous issue's like this with other midi devices before.

Has any one had the same issue or know what can be done to fix this?
Thanks, its a great bit of kit I use alot for my music. [/b]
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

What sort of MIDI device was connected to the microKorg?

It's possible that, through chance, some garbled data have caused the microKorg to lock up. Have you tried performing a factory restore? This will lose any edits made to the Programs and Combis.

HappyRacket

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. It was a Yamaha PSR-175 keyboard which I was going to use for the drum machine.

I think I have tried a factory restore but there is nothing coming up on the screen or lights when I hold shift and 7.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity. I thought there might have been a power-on key combination to restore the OS, but this does not appear to be the case.

Is the power supply good? Have you tried batteries instead of mains power, or vice versa?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: