Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cubase tips copying Controller/program changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harcon01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Cubase tips copying Controller/program changes Reply with quote

Hi
I am creating styles from midi files using Cubase and following the tip to copy Controller/program changes for each track and each section (Var/Intro etc), which is providing good flexibility but is a very time consuming task.

After copying the Controller/program changes from one track (usually from the start) I am currently pasting the Controller/program changes by moving to the next section using the marker I am then having to go to the next track and do the same.

Question is there a way in Cubase to copy the original Controller/program changes across “all tracks” and then move using markers to the start of the next section (Var/Intro etc) and paste against each track the Controller/program changes as one action.

Also when I am cutting the midi file into each section, I am moving the line to the point I want to cut ,selecting scissors and I then have to go down each track to apply the cut. Is there a way to apply the cut across all tracks with one action?

Your suggestions would be appreciated
mordechai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if you hold alt while using cutting tool it cuts across all tracks. if i remember correctly
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Cubase tips copying Controller/program changes Reply with quote

harcon01 wrote:
Hi
I am creating styles from midi files using Cubase and following the tip to copy Controller/program changes for each track and each section (Var/Intro etc), which is providing good flexibility but is a very time consuming task.

After copying the Controller/program changes from one track (usually from the start) I am currently pasting the Controller/program changes by moving to the next section using the marker I am then having to go to the next track and do the same.

Question is there a way in Cubase to copy the original Controller/program changes across “all tracks” and then move using markers to the start of the next section (Var/Intro etc) and paste against each track the Controller/program changes as one action.

Also when I am cutting the midi file into each section, I am moving the line to the point I want to cut ,selecting scissors and I then have to go down each track to apply the cut. Is there a way to apply the cut across all tracks with one action?

Your suggestions would be appreciated

Hi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jDwv2DM6U

00:01 to 1:35 The easiest way to copy all controllers from event to different events

1:37 cut all events in the same time
some important cubase shortcuts
Hold "Alt" key to select split tool on the fly
Select midi events then hold alt / drag and drop to duplicat selected events where you want / or Ctrl+D to next bar
harcon01

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANAFREE

That's fantastic, as they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words. Thanks for going to that effort. I also picked a few other tips.

Do you have any thoughts about when you change the channel (viz bass 9 ACC1- 12 etc). The list editor shows the original channel. What I would like to do is after changing the channel try to get the Channel/Track numbers to agree. The only way I can see to change the tracks 9,10,11,12etc is to move each track individually into the new position.

Thanks again
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harcon01 wrote:
ANAFREE

That's fantastic, as they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words. Thanks for going to that effort. I also picked a few other tips.

Do you have any thoughts about when you change the channel (viz bass 9 ACC1- 12 etc). The list editor shows the original channel. What I would like to do is after changing the channel try to get the Channel/Track numbers to agree. The only way I can see to change the tracks 9,10,11,12etc is to move each track individually into the new position.

Thanks again

You are welcome Smile

mmmm i don't know if i understand you, i don't speak english very well Smile anyway,,,, each midi note have a channel number, You must select all MIDI notes inside the event and change the channel number from Info line bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wb1tR-DQgQ

or you can select all midi note in the list editor and change channel number for selected notes directly

https://youtu.be/sZqoKXSRpyI
harcon01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anafree

Once again thanks for your assistance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: