Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kronos need help with this please! urgent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wocongming

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: kronos need help with this please! urgent Reply with quote

so let's say I've recorded a song with 12 tracks of midi for someone's record. they ask me to give them 12 separate WAV files so they can mix it themselves in the studio.
IS THERE A FAST WAY TO DO THIS SO I DONT HAVE TO PLAY THE 4 MIN SONG 12 TIMES TO GET THE 12 SEPERATE WAV FILES? ITS SO TIME CONSUMING. thank you anyone!
hans1966

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello wocongming, I think that if you have already made the MIDI sequence, you can pass it to Audio through the L, and R outputs, from your Kronos to a DAW, for example Audacity.
The other solution is to record the Audio in the audio recorder of your Kronos, since it has 16 audio tracks, and if you want you can record 4 audio tracks simultaneously.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions, consult the Kronos Quick Start Guide Pag. 22
regards

I choose the Peace of God!
wocongming

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand your reply at all. I needed a WAV file for each of my recorded tracks. and I've been bouncing to hard disk each one separately showing up in my internal disk for each one. how do I do that without having to replay the whole song each time I'm getting a WAV file?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need the special sound card with more inputs and a DAW. Select the tracks at individual output and record them with a DAW at 6 mono tracks at a time or 3 stereo tracks at a time. To export direct 12 MIDI to 12 separate audio with your Konos is impossible.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: kronos need help with this please! urgent Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:
so let's say I've recorded a song with 12 tracks of midi for someone's record. they ask me to give them 12 separate WAV files so they can mix it themselves in the studio.
IS THERE A FAST WAY TO DO THIS SO I DONT HAVE TO PLAY THE 4 MIN SONG 12 TIMES TO GET THE 12 SEPERATE WAV FILES? ITS SO TIME CONSUMING. thank you anyone!

Do you want to keep internal effects routing or do they plan to effect each track in the studio ?
Do you have stereo tracks or only mono individual tracks ?
Many informations are missing.

Anyway, if you don't want to play your song 12 times, you must use an Audio card including several Audio inputs, as Dan said.

The Kronos is able to output up to 6 mono tracks maximum (L/R output + 4 individual outputs). So, you should have a 6 inputs Audio card.

In conclusion, depending on your gear config and you song, you will have to play your song 2 times at least. (supposing your don't want to keep your internal effects routing, of course).
The Kronos allows you to route each track to one of the 6 audio outputs. But it does not allow a complete separate audio output.

All in all : 12 x 4' = 48 minutes. Is it a real obstacle ? All the time spent for searching a solution, your job would have already done !! Then after, people in the studio will have to synchronise the 12 tracks, but it's another question !!
pete.m

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Liviou. By the time you'd finished typing your post, you could already have been part of the way through the work. You don't even have to be there for much of the time - you can set it going, and pop back four minutes later to set up the next one. If you believe that the music you have done is worth it, then I wouldn't stress too much about an extra few minutes.

I do acknowledge that it is a bit of a chore, though - maybe that audio card is the way forward for you if you're going to be doing this sort of thing regualarly.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest thing is to just set the outputs of the Kronos and record 3 stereo tracks at at time... or 6 mono, ---- or a combination of the 2 options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: