Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need more footswitches
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtatty

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FB Music wrote:
You said you have programmed the Soleman footswitches 3 and 4 to do program down/up. Does this mean the Soleman now supports program Inc/Dec.? Or did you program the switches to send actual program change Numbers?

Yes, it supports Inc/Dec. That is the way i do it, not with program change Numbers.

If you buy the product, i can give you the my back up from my programming. It took me quite a while to learn and program it.
Internal USB & LAN:
- Wireless Lan (WL-330N3G)
- Wireless USB keyboard receiver (Logitech)
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="xtatty"]
FB Music wrote:
If you buy the product, i can give you the my back up from my programming. It took me quite a while to learn and program it.

If that offer stands, please do share your backup with me as I just ordered one? I’d really appreciate the leg up to help reduce the learning curve.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention!
FB Music

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtatty wrote:
FB Music wrote:
You said you have programmed the Soleman footswitches 3 and 4 to do program down/up. Does this mean the Soleman now supports program Inc/Dec.? Or did you program the switches to send actual program change Numbers?

Yes, it supports Inc/Dec. That is the way i do it, not with program change Numbers.

I would very much like to have your program. It really seems pretty hard to program.
FB Music

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out that the Soleman itself does not specifically has the ability to do program Inc/Dec. But the Kronos itself (Global mode/Controllers assign) can be programmed to do it via a midi (foot) controller.
tunaman

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right... that is what I presumed xtatty was referring to. All it does is allow midi sequences to be programmed and assigned to each individual switch. How you choose to use the switches is up to you.
xtatty

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunaman wrote:
Right... that is what I presumed xtatty was referring to. All it does is allow midi sequences to be programmed and assigned to each individual switch. How you choose to use the switches is up to you.
Correct!

The Soleman, all it does is send midi messages. First you have to program the Kronos to listen those messages.

Go to "Global -> Controllers/Scales -> Function Assign" and chose a CC# for Program Up and Down. Then go to the Soleman and program it to send the CC# you assigned to Kronos and you are ready to go. (see Kronos Parameter Guide page 795. Note that i have the LS manual, so maybe it is a different page number)

Kronos is a powerful tool. It allows you to program many parameters.

If anyone wants my backup files for the programming of the Soleman, please send me a pm. I always want to help the members of the forum.

Cheers!
Internal USB & LAN:
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nektar Pacer is a great footswitch/Controllor Board.

It's easy to use and you can do so much with it,you've got all the Front panel switches which can each have 6 steps set to each switch plus you can plug in up to 4 External footswitches and 2 expression pedals,and 4 relays.

They each can have six seperate functions(Steps)so you can have Loads of parameters available in each template,Each template if you programmed 6 steps into each function(switches/Footpedals/relays etc) you would have access to 120 Different available Parameters inside a single template to control external gear so you can see how flexible this thing is.

Each step allows you to program a different parameter to a step so for step one you could send a note message On Midi Channel 1 then the next time you press it it could control a CC on Midi Channel 16 and the the next step could send out a Program change on Midi Channel 4 etc etc,so you can control Multiple Midi gear from a single switch,it also allows you to program up to 16 Midi Messages which send to your gear when you switch templates,so you can have it setup a whole bank of sounds upon loading a template,I use this for my live set to switch my keyboards to correct sounds needed for each song in my set

You can also have different midi channel assignments on each switch in a template so its great for multitimbral/Multi Gear setups as well,it also controls Guitar amps and stuff to via the Relay functions.

I use two of them to control everything in my studio,including my Mixer it can be powered by USB or external Adaptor,you can send out CCs/Program changes,MMC NRPN as well as Note messages(which can also send out chords to trigger the Kronos Karma Chords) I start and stop sequencers with it and can control my software DAW with it,Its a Rock solid bit of Gear.

I use one live as well its a power house Pedal board,anyone who is a gigging Keys player would hugely benefit from using a Pacer.
tunaman

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtatty wrote:
If anyone wants my backup files for the programming of the Soleman, please send me a pm. I always want to help the members of the forum.

Cheers!

xtatty - PM previously sent... just checking to make sure you received it?
tunaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunaman wrote:
xtatty wrote:

Cheers!

Still checking, and hoping everything is good with member xtatty.
xtatty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunaman wrote:
tunaman wrote:
xtatty wrote:

Cheers!

Still checking, and hoping everything is good with member xtatty.
Hello again!

Still here! Smile
Please check your email.
Internal USB & LAN:
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtatty - glad you’re OK, especially in these crazy times. I received your email - it is greatly appreciated! This is very good timing, as I’ve been busy programming voices for some new music and I’ve found a few scenarios where having the extra switches will be extremely useful.

Stay well!
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - you are my hero! Thank you for sharing all of your hard work. You have saved me countless hours fumbling around trying to figure out how to set up each type of function, so the learning curve will be greatly reduced examining your examples.

Again, much appreciated and hopefully lots of good karma coming your way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: